MBB Recruits 2022

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
garyg

MBB Recruits 2022

Post by garyg »

Usually this is one of our more popular topics but so far I have not seen much on this topic...we landed the Philly guard and that's about it ?

Has anyone heard anything regarding the 2022 recruiting class ? Captain, you usually have some great info on this topic ?
HofstraMathew

Re: MBB RECRUITS 2022

Post by HofstraMathew »

If everyone stays (which I am sure won't happen) we either don't have any additional scholarships to give or just one more (not sure if one of the freshman is a walk on or not). Simmons could choose to graduate and move on since it already is his 5th year of school (4th of playing). So maybe Speedy is playing it a bit slow here to make sure we get the best fit for that last scholly. i'd say we also usually average about 1 in the early signing period so we are on pace for what we usually do. Our biggest need in this recruiting season right now would be a big man. We do have Tomasco riding the bench but not sure what to expect out of him.

My way too early (just for fun here) opening day starting lineup for next year would be:
Carlos
Estrada
Silverio
Dubar
Iyola

Also let's talk potential transfers; I guess it could be any of the young guys that aren't getting playing time but I would think the true freshman would give us another year at least. So maybe Bethea? Also wonder what Cramer's thought process is after playing more last year. Could Caleb look to transfer? He does get some playing time here but maybe wants more. I don't see Estrada, Iyola or Silverio looking to transfer up anywhere since they all transferred into here already.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Thought Siverio was done after this year...Am I mistaken? Agree we need another big.
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

HUSID74 wrote:Thought Siverio was done after this year...Am I mistaken? Agree we need another big.
He has another year of eligibility since last year didn't count for anyone. He could decide to graduate and move on with his life or transfer somewhere else.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

HofstraMathew wrote:If everyone stays (which I am sure won't happen) we either don't have any additional scholarships to give or just one more (not sure if one of the freshman is a walk on or not). Simmons could choose to graduate and move on since it already is his 5th year of school (4th of playing). So maybe Speedy is playing it a bit slow here to make sure we get the best fit for that last scholly. i'd say we also usually average about 1 in the early signing period so we are on pace for what we usually do. Our biggest need in this recruiting season right now would be a big man. We do have Tomasco riding the bench but not sure what to expect out of him.

My way too early (just for fun here) opening day starting lineup for next year would be:
Carlos
Estrada
Silverio
Dubar
Iyola

Also let's talk potential transfers; I guess it could be any of the young guys that aren't getting playing time but I would think the true freshman would give us another year at least. So maybe Bethea? Also wonder what Cramer's thought process is after playing more last year. Could Caleb look to transfer? He does get some playing time here but maybe wants more. I don't see Estrada, Iyola or Silverio looking to transfer up anywhere since they all transferred into here already.
not much to add here HM - agree with you, sir

I could live with that starting lineup but wish it would be Cramer in the Silverio slot - id be very happy building the next few seasons team around Carlos Dubar and Estrada

that - Cramer - said Id think as a fan looking in Cramer and Burgess would be top transfer (out) candidates
coming in - transfers - its a brave new world and its going to continue to the most vital part of the growth for most teams rosters - Hofstra will also be the beneficiary of some talent

Bethea is the strangest of strange - cant figure it out
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

I like what Cramer brings to this team and would like to see him get more minutes. Don't forget about Barrouk we may have a scorer in this kid with good size. I hope Carlos can up his game and give us some scoring. He's being afforded the opportunity. As for Bethea I think he's a done deal and is transferring otherwise he would be getting some minutes no??
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

triplec2195 wrote:I like what Cramer brings to this team and would like to see him get more minutes. Don't forget about Barrouk we may have a scorer in this kid with good size. I hope Carlos can up his game and give us some scoring. He's being afforded the opportunity. As for Bethea I think he's a done deal and is transferring otherwise he would be getting some minutes no??
Whos going to take Bethea? He has never been on the court...I think he's being red shirted along with Barouk and the big freshman.
Cards

Post by Cards »

I also posted this under the 2021 recruiting heading.

Some have wondered if there is any recruiting action taking place. One of the bigs that HU has offered is 2022 6'10" Lual Manyang. He has offers from a nice group of schools. HU must be going after him pretty seriously as Manyang says HU is still recruiting him strongly. He has even taken an unofficial to HU to watch them practice. This is good news.
Though Manyang is just getting back on the court, that doesn’t mean his recruitment has slowed down. He just earned another offer from UCSB recently and holds offers from Hofstra, VCU, Siena, Saint Louis, Bryant, Charlotte, UMass, George Mason, NJIT, Seton Hall, and Manhattan.

When speaking to him about the latest in his recruitment, he talked about his latest offer and who else has been continuing to stay strong with him.

“I’m grateful to earn an offer from UCSB,” Manyang said. “UCSB likes my skill set and the impact I can bring to the game, as well as my height, effort, and energy. Hofstra, La Salle, Siena, and others (continue to stay strong in his recruitment).

Manyang has already taken unofficial visits to Hofstra and Siena, as he got a chance to watch Hofstra’s practice and a scrimmage at Siena. But he also mentioned that there are schools that he will be visiting soon but nothing has been set since he just is getting back from his injury.

But after he takes his visit, it doesn’t seem like the 2022 senior center won’t take much longer in making his decision.

“I will decide after my official visits.”
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

2022 sounds appropriate. This kid has the same size/body weight as Bey. He's going to need to put on some muscle but hope we can land him since 6'9 240 pound monsters seem to elude us.
Polito

Re: MBB Recruits 2022

Post by Polito »

would of course take him in a hearbeat - Blair is really nice program historically - I like the way he plays, he attacks, has a bit of aggression, plays with energy, and feels like a bit of a chip on his shoulder. Love those swats, and he knows how to throw it down with authority.

Not sure if there's much else to his game, but he's got enough to help HU, and runs the floor great.

Won't be easy to land necessarily, but HU def has a solid shot here.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Just offered this kid from NJ 6'8" 255. His only other offer per V/C is St FRANCIS. What do u think of this offer? https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/t ... uillouette
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

triplec2195 wrote:Just offered this kid from NJ 6'8" 255. His only other offer per V/C is St FRANCIS. What do u think of this offer? https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/t ... uillouette
If he's a big with few offers, must be a project.
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

I believe this recruit is not a senior, but a HS sophomore. There must be reasons for the offer based on potential for the next two seasons.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

There is a video of him Will post the link later today
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

cactus wrote:
triplec2195 wrote:Just offered this kid from NJ 6'8" 255. His only other offer per V/C is St FRANCIS. What do u think of this offer? https://www.verbalcommits.com/players/t ... uillouette
If he's a big with few offers, must be a project.
I’m sure you’re right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Here is the link to Tristens video
hudi.com/profile/14077517/Tristen-Guilloutte
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

stuball888 wrote:Here is the link to Tristens video
hudi.com/profile/14077517/Tristen-Guilloutte
I couldn't get that link to work but here's something I found on the internet;

Tristen Guilloutte (2024, 6’9 Center/Forward, NJ): Tristen’s frame and mentality make him an absolute beast down low. He gave opposing bigs serious problems all weekend with his sheer strength. However, Guilloutte is more than capable of stepping out and shooting his pretty, guard-like jumper from the free throw line. His ceiling is very high, as he possesses all the intangibles that turn a kid with his ability into a fantastic player. Tristen also showed great knowledge on the defensive side of the ball with constant chatter from the interior. He was doubled often and consistently found the open player.

And yes he's an underclassman!
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Dont know if he will last once the big boys(P5) come calling
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Look this recruit is a ways away from being eligible to play in college. A lot can happen from now until then. If we could get a small % of these kids who r unhappy with sitting on the bench of these P 5 schools we will be in a very good place. A lot of the time we can offer playing time to these kids right away which should be very compelling in coming to play for us over a P 5 school. Look at our current players!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

tristen Guilloutte-Hudi Google that there are a few videos. Very Raw not much hops