ALL HU FANS - MAJOR Announcement - PLEASE READ

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Polito

Re: ALL HU FANS - MAJOR Announcement - PLEASE READ

Post by Polito »

I have love for all HU fans, and your stat stuff is great... but no way this is going unaddressed on my watch

A whole 4 hours? Wow. Someone get this fella a sweat towel!

I have no clue what champions league soccer even is, and neither the yanks nor the sox give a flying rip about you.

It's 1 night Evan. Break away from the spreadsheets, take a pause from the boards, and show some real support. Man up dude.

#PRIDEPRIORITY
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Evan this is an event you should be at. A lot of eyes will be opened. There will be free food(pay for drinks). also there are several TVs so you can catch the ballgame.
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

Why is this so secretive? I don't live in the immediate area, but would love to have some sort of hint as to what this is.
bobe13

Post by bobe13 »

same here-what is going on?
Polito

Post by Polito »

Bob I'm quite sure I've PM'd you on this - did you not receive anything, or are you just not understanding it's the same?

Working on some great stuff folks, and it needs to be done the proper way.

Hofstra, did you not request a PM from me? Did I ever send you one? If you didn't, I will forward along.
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

Please do Polito.. Would like to find out a bit more about this.
bobe13

Post by bobe13 »

Polito wrote:Bob I'm quite sure I've PM'd you on this - did you not receive anything, or are you just not understanding it's the same?

Working on some great stuff folks, and it needs to be done the proper way.

Hofstra, did you not request a PM from me? Did I ever send you one? If you didn't, I will forward along.
Never received a PM from you Polito. In either case why all the secrecy?
Polito

Post by Polito »

Sent to you both.

Currently sitting in my Outbox though, I think the admins have to approve before it actually sends...(?)

Stay tuned I suppose
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Everyone will know in due time. Like Polito said it has to be done the right way. This will benefit all Hofstra fans and the school as well. That's all I can say for now. There will be some special guest speakers also on hand
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

stuball888 wrote:Everyone will know in due time. Like Polito said it has to be done the right way. This will benefit all Hofstra fans and the school as well. That's all I can say for now. There will be some special guest speakers also on hand
I definitely understand this but in that case this thread probably should not have been created (or at least dates shouldn't be listed) until everything is finalized.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Polito wrote: I have no clue what champions league soccer even is, and neither the yanks nor the sox give a flying rip about you.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016–17_U ... ons_League has information about the UEFA Champions League, but you don't sound interested in learning. The most important game on September 28 is Atletico Madrid (fourth in the UEFA club coefficients) hosting Bayern Munich (second in the UEFA club coefficients). UEFA means "Union of European Football Associations," referring to what we call soccer. A few years ago I read that the UEFA Champions League passed the Super Bowl as the most watched annual sporting event in the world.

Even if you can't announce what the event is, can you say where? What town? Free food is good. I don't drink alcohol and I don't plan on ever doing so.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

You all will be getting PMs very shortly stating the date time and location of our event. Just got back from california and Polito and I will have things finalized this week, Check your PMs by the end of the week
bobe13

Post by bobe13 »

Polito wrote:Sent to you both.

Currently sitting in my Outbox though, I think the admins have to approve before it actually sends...(?)

Stay tuned I suppose
FYI I received the PM, thks
Polito

Post by Polito »

Ok, great bobe13, thx for confirming

Listen, folks, we are working on some really great stuff, as you should now know from your PM's. There is a lot that goes into efforts like this, and they need to be done in the proper way. This thread was important to ensure all who are interested have the opportunity to be informed and take part. It has helped us because as you can tell, there has been some back and forth with messages being received or not.

We have a plan and a vision, and quite frankly, are putting in work (on our own, for free, from purely our passion for HU athletics) to make a positive impact. If you are not into it, that is A-ok. You are free to take a pass, take it upon yourself to do your own thing, or move on. Simple as that. We are looking for those who 'get it' and are ready to rock.

Very excited about all of this, have some great buy-in already, and really looking forward to the journey and partnership with all those who are on board - it's going to be an awesome ride!

#RISINGPRIDE
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

I didn't get a private message about it. Even though I probably won't go, I still want to know what it is.
HU95

Post by HU95 »

All this back and forth is getting tough to follow. Was there a definitive message sent out in regards to time/place/agenda?
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

The date is september 27th on Tuesday at 730 PM . The place will be in the PM and it should be a great time. Just be there and you will not be disappointed.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Has everyone received the PM and did you RSVP to polito or myself. Please guys we need a big turnout. You will not be disappointed.
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

stuball888 wrote:Has everyone received the PM and did you RSVP to polito or myself. Please guys we need a big turnout. You will not be disappointed.
No PM received yet but I will be in Florida that day. I am curious what it is all about though so please send the PM.

Thanks
bobe13

Post by bobe13 »

Have not received the PM as yet either