MBB Recruits 2019

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
HUSID74

Re: MBB Recruits 2019

Post by HUSID74 »

Sorry I omitted Trueheart in my assessment. He was playing the 4 spot and was banging pretty good in there, hit one or two threes but we will need him to show some offense inside which he seems reluctant to do except on breakaway dunks...It will be important for the trio of Trueheart, Hughes, and Schutte to give us around 15-20 quality backup minutes a game...hopefully one will emerge as the clear favorite.
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

HUSID74 wrote:Sorry I omitted Trueheart in my assessment. He was playing the 4 spot and was banging pretty good in there, hit one or two threes but we will need him to show some offense inside which he seems reluctant to do except on breakaway dunks...It will be important for the trio of Trueheart, Hughes, and Schutte to give us around 15-20 quality backup minutes a game...hopefully one will emerge as the clear favorite.
They are a REALLY small team with Buie, Ray, Pemberton, Coburn and Kante starting. Excited about Kante and the guard depth and talent with Burgess and Silverio is really good, but I'm hoping for more than 15-20 mins total out of Trueheart and Hughes, very important next season.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Kante can score but my concern is how is his defense and rebounding
garyg

Post by garyg »

stuball888 wrote:Kante can score but my concern is how is his defense and rebounding
I think rebounding wise Kante will be fine but a bit concerned about his interior defense being that he is only 6-7 and playing the 5

I do not think next years team will have any problem putting points on the board however concerned about overall rebounding and defense...
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

garyg wrote:
stuball888 wrote:Kante can score but my concern is how is his defense and rebounding
I think rebounding wise Kante will be fine but a bit concerned about his interior defense being that he is only 6-7 and playing the 5

I do not think next years team will have any problem putting points on the board however concerned about overall rebounding and defense...
When we go IK, TC, EP, OS (or JR) and EP ... I assume a lot of the time that will be our lineup - EP, TC and OS have to CRASH big time on the D glass - that's going to be tough. EP and TC did it last year - and it is a lot to ask of them but they did it but it wasn't always pretty. When we do have that lineup we need to take advantage of of quickness vs bigger teams and drive and get fouls vs our opponents.

ST, KS and HH (and hopefully CB) come up BIG and add another dimension to the above core 6. It is ever so important that ST be the guy I think he can be - a shot blocking back line player, that is mobile and complement IK. I said last year JT was KEY - ST is key this year - let me be right 2 years in a row.
Mikey77

Post by Mikey77 »

As many on this board have pointed out, this team is smallish and unless Schutte and Hughes surprise we will have trouble on the boards on both ends. While not detracting from JWF's year and the other performances Taylor was just what the doctor ordered last year. I'm not sure we'll be as fortunate this year. I'm disappointed about the inability to land a solid "BIG" transfer this year.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Mikey77 wrote:As many on this board have pointed out, this team is smallish and unless Schutte and Hughes surprise we will have trouble on the boards on both ends. While not detracting from JWF's year and the other performances Taylor was just what the doctor ordered last year. I'm not sure we'll be as fortunate this year. I'm disappointed about the inability to land a solid "BIG" transfer this year.
It's been said I think ad-nauseum about our lack of depth in the post but we may be pleasantly surprised at Schutte coming in for Kante. There have been a lot of people here that said he won't get many or any minutes but I believe he will get some minutes and be adequate for us. I hope he has been working on his foul shooting because he looked worse then Rok from the charity stripe.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Since I'm starting to hear crickets with the lack of posts here now we are getting close to at least starting to have some official practices. Is there any news out there regarding how we look and individually how some of the players are shaping up? Has anyone been to any practices to give us some early assessments overall? I wonder if we hear anything concerning redshirts. Just starting to get the fever once again!
Cards

Post by Cards »

triplec2195 wrote:Since I'm starting to hear crickets with the lack of posts here now we are getting close to at least starting to have some official practices. Is there any news out there regarding how we look and individually how some of the players are shaping up? Has anyone been to any practices to give us some early assessments overall? I wonder if we hear anything concerning redshirts. Just starting to get the fever once again!
I believe HUSID did a quick review of individual players a few weeks back. It may have been under one of the other topics/subjects. I have not seen anything that is more recent.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Thanks Cards did read that I was just wondering if anyone has an update.