Hofstra Lacrosse 2022

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Dutchflid

Re: Hofstra Lacrosse 2022

Post by Dutchflid »

stuball888 wrote:Not being snarky but dollars to donuts the anonymous alumni is Metzger
Not snarky at all, the lacrosse program actually has a number of big donors, Metzger being the largest and most visible. The kids appreciate all of them.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Dutchflid wrote:
stuball888 wrote:Not being snarky but dollars to donuts the anonymous alumni is Metzger
Not snarky at all, the lacrosse program actually has a number of big donors, Metzger being the largest and most visible. The kids appreciate all of them.
It's these certain donors who have kept the coach there even though he doesn't recruit the kind of players to make it relevant anymore.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Well we just got schooled by #8 Rutgers 22-10. It wasnt even that close. Rutgers jumped out to a 10-0 lead and it was off to the races for them.
Polito

Post by Polito »

It's these certain donors who have kept the coach there even though he doesn't recruit the kind of players to make it relevant anymore.
Shots fired by tc! :D you pulling a page out of my book?! lol

Proud of you tc, it's the darn truth. ST still coaching this tanked program after a decade of debacle is purely political. There is no excuse or reasonable explanation for anything else. No D1 Athletic Admin worth their salt would EVER let a historical program fall off a friggin cliff like this. Not one. This is a fireable offense for an AD. So this is FULLY supported by the HU 'brass'.

The reason is pretty clear - good ol boy politics and $. Yet the program suffers.

No one that can change it seems to care, or has the power or nads to do so, and therefore the status quo will press on. Support continues to die off, just as it should. Tough to justify supporting an HU sport more than the daggone school does. I feel for the kids and their families. They won't sniff an ounce of true Lax success until the program ship is righted under new leadership.

And so I wait...
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

a question for Evan or anyotne else in the know,. Are the 22 goals we gave up to Rutgers the most in Hofstra history?
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

30 goals against versus Syracuse in 1991 according to a quick check on the website.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Thanks shadow
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

So from a good source after another embarrassing loss this could/should be the end of this current nightmare.? Oh how the once mighty have fallen. Hopefully we can start a new chapter for this program next year. It’s best for all involved!
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

To triplec2195, So, how good is this source? Very curious to what is in store with this program,
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Not for nothing, but last year's NCAA champions gave up 23 goals yesterday and also lost.
CTDutch

Post by CTDutch »

Jojogunne wrote:Not for nothing, but last year's NCAA champions gave up 23 goals yesterday and also lost.
They did, but to the #1 team in the country, the defending runners-up
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

The Shadow wrote:To triplec2195, So, how good is this source? Very curious to what is in store with this program,
I’m not going to put anyones name out there but it’s no secret that we should be a much more relevant program. This hasn’t happened overnight but you need to OWN what you’re are and aren’t. I don’t want to cast aspersions but this situation speaks for itself, volumes. I’ve said this here before I don’t know the first thing about lacrosse but there needs to be a major change and focus here. I believe that change is forthcoming from what I’ve been told.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

To triplec2195, I, of course, would not expect a named source. Just a request as to how accurate is this information, or, is this just what you surmise about the state and direction of the program.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Been told this verbatim but that doesn’t mean it’s etched in stone. I hope it’s for the sanctity of this once proud program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mikey75

Post by mikey75 »

I've frankly lost all faith in ST at this point. The downward decline of the program has been the principal subject on these boards for the past five or six years. Attendance has declined and by every measure the program is in trouble. I truly hope this can be turned around.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Another depressing loss at Providence...we cough up a tying goal late in the fourth quarter the lose in overtime....
Polito

Post by Polito »

I’ve said this here before I don’t know the first thing about lacrosse but there needs to be a major change and focus here. I believe that change is forthcoming from what I’ve been told.
AMAZING if true - pls let it be. Been saying this ad nauseam. About 5 years late but I’ll take it.

Time to fix this program. It’s so close to becoming irrecoverable, but if HU cowboys up and makes the move they should’ve made forever ago, they just might be able to still somehow salvage this program with THE RIGHT LEADERSHIP. It’s going to take a few years to unbury this debacle, but they have a shred of a chance.

Program is on literal life support, but at least still barely possible. Make this happen. And then make the right hire.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Polito wrote:
I’ve said this here before I don’t know the first thing about lacrosse but there needs to be a major change and focus here. I believe that change is forthcoming from what I’ve been told.
AMAZING if true - pls let it be. Been saying this ad nauseam. About 5 years late but I’ll take it.

Time to fix this program. It’s so close to becoming irrecoverable, but if HU cowboys up and makes the move they should’ve made forever ago, they just might be able to still somehow salvage this program with THE RIGHT LEADERSHIP. It’s going to take a few years to unbury this debacle, but they have a shred of a chance.

Program is on literal life support, but at least still barely possible. Make this happen. And then make the right hire.
It's hard to swallow that with the pedigree that we had and the facilities that we have that we can't build a powerhouse program here year in and year out.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

So looking thru Newsday's Top 100 lacrosse players for some funny reason I see at least 4/5 kids going to Stony Brook kids going to Towson and when I reach the final kid Ryan Woodland of Farmingdale low and behold he's going to Hofstra. So I know I'm getting OLD and don't see that well anymore but 1 kid in a hundred?? Maybe I missed someone hopefully someone else will double check me! https://www.newsday.com/sports/high-sch ... g_hssports
mikey75

Post by mikey75 »

Noticed that too Triplec. One out of 100. Out recruited by Towson, LIU. I cannot believe we cannot do better with a little effort.