NCAA or NIT

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
HofstraHockey

Re: NCAA or NIT

Post by HofstraHockey »

UConn (do we have any UConn connections here???) started off small in hockey, playing in what looks like a local rink with no bells and whistles. Our club team already pays at the newly re-named Northwell Health Ice Center at Eisenhower Park, which is way better than what many other NCAA schools offer. UConn now plays about half of their games in Hartford, and the other half on campus (so the students can pack the place). Eisenhower holds 4,000, has video boards, good locker room space, all that a college team could need!

And if you want to see the NCAA let in small schools, take a look at this- http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket ... en/d1/2014
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

AJ already spoke to the AD about it. We have a better chance of getting football back than starting a hockey team to compete at the D-1 level.
HofstraHockey

Post by HofstraHockey »

Stu, it's that sort of negative thinking that won't get us either sport!! ;-)

Besides, when I hit Powerball the next time it goes over a billion, things will happen for sure!
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Over rabinowitz dead body. He already said no sports will be added while he is president of the university. Its not negative just the truth about our administration.
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

stuball888 wrote:Over rabinowitz dead body. He already said no sports will be added while he is president of the university. Its not negative just the truth about our administration.
I hate to agree with the president on anything, but the fan support, or lack thereof for our other programs make the millions it will take to get a hockey program off the ground, pointless.

The time to expand our athletics program was 2000, when we got the Mack built. The impending student loan crisis may cause a significant drop in enrollment in a lot of private universities, it puts collegiate athletics on shaky ground all over the place.

I like the idea of a hockey program at Hofstra, honestly as much as I loved the football program, I think hockey might be the superior fit at Hofstra, but there are literally a handful of people who really want a hockey program at Hofstra. There's zero demand, I've never heard any rumblings from anybody, boosters, fans, public, nobody, other than HH of course!

We need a grassroots campaign! Someone reach out to the Ratner group, Hofstra is a perfect tenant for the new Nassau Coliseum!