MBB at UNCW 2/25 - HUGE GAME!

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
RollPride15

Re: MBB at UNCW 2/25 - HUGE GAME!

Post by RollPride15 »

Go to the Rok until they prove they can stop him.
Wags

Post by Wags »

Not sure if this is the reason, but the team sure looks like the same one that got in at 3am this morning due to weather-related travel issues yesterday.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

UNCW now shooting 59%, and they've made 6 of their last 6. Thank god for Hofstra radio being there because these announcers are awful.
dutchalum01

Post by dutchalum01 »

Disgusting.
Wags

Post by Wags »

ProudofPride wrote:UNCW now shooting 59%, and they've made 6 of their last 6. Thank god for Hofstra radio being there because these announcers are awful.
They're even banking in jumpers.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Even worse, 4 of UNCW's starters have sat out the last several minutes with 2 fouls each, and we couldn't even take advantage of their bench players being in.
PrideFan22

Post by PrideFan22 »

Besides the lack of intensity and missed layups, I think the hardest part about watching this game is the subliminal messaging by Atlantic Marine on their stream
Last edited by PrideFan22 on Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wags

Post by Wags »

I guess the message at the half has to be: if this is going to be true payback, let's do to them what they did to us on our floor after we were up 20 before halftime and they beat us.
Wags

Post by Wags »

ProudofPride wrote:Even worse, 4 of UNCW's starters have sat out the last several minutes with 2 fouls each, and we couldn't even take advantage of their bench players being in.
That was huge because UNCW started its comeback against HU last time by scoring the last 8 of the half to get within 12. HU had a chance to cut into the lead before half as well, but didn't really do it.
Cards

Post by Cards »

Is there a game plan we're trying to implement. Looks like a pick-up game - no team plan, strategy, nor implementation.' We are guys going one on one - no teamwork/passing whatsoever! Tanksley continues to hog the ball and never pass.....just like the last 10 games.....he plays like the thinks hes a scoring machine!

Except for Rok, everyone else is invisible.
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

After one half, all the stats go to UNCW. In my opinion. HU looks slower and not as intense. Maybe the difficult travel from NY to NC took its toll. Hoping for a turn around in the second half.
Cards

Post by Cards »

I do not except travel issues as the excuse. IT IS NOT AN EXCUSE.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Cards wrote:I do not except travel issues as the excuse. IT IS NOT AN EXCUSE.
It's not an excuse, they're young guys in the prime in their early 20s. Their bodies can handle it at this point, as well as playing a full 40 minutes. There's no reason for them to be tired. They got in around 3 in the morning, not 3 in the afternoon, so they had plenty of time to recover,

And by the way, Newsday is covering the game. But of course instead of actually sending a knowledgeable reporter down there, they have a UNCW reporter filling in to do it, so there's going to be a biased-for-the-wrong-team article after the game in our local paper. Pathetic, don't even bother covering it in that case.
Wags

Post by Wags »

ProudofPride wrote:
Cards wrote:I do not except travel issues as the excuse. IT IS NOT AN EXCUSE.
It's not an excuse, they're young guys in the prime in their early 20s. Their bodies can handle it at this point, as well as playing a full 40 minutes. There's no reason for them to be tired. They got in around 3 in the morning, not 3 in the afternoon, so they had plenty of time to recover.
It's not a great excuse, but it is a factor. There are reasons why teams almost always have better records at home than on the road. Travel situations like that are one of them.
RollPride15

Post by RollPride15 »

If Newsday were savvy they'd offer a sports journalism or even a photography internship that had an LI college student travel with various LI college teams and cover away material. Teams would jump on it for the press coverage, you'd get original material without contracting it out of house, and you get publicity from all the surrounding schools.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

We cut it to a 5 point game now, 44-49. Buie's looking good on defense
Wags

Post by Wags »

richs wrote:I know this is a bit off topic but I thought it was interesting. I was watching the UNCW "coaches report" today and their coach was asking fans to come to the game tonight. I know their attendance numbers are much better than HU but it was nice to see another coach having to ask people to come to a game and support their home team.
4,572 there tonight.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Now it's back to an 11 point game. The refs are getting paid by the whistle at this point, it seems there's a foul on every possession at both ends of the court.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Gustys was fouled, but said he was injured and couldn't do the free throws, so UNCW got to pick a Hofstra player to shoot them. Kevin Keatts picked Desure Buie, but then later had to switch it to Koon since it had to be a player who was already on the court... shouldn't he know things like this instead having to figure them out in a late game situation like now?
Last edited by ProudofPride on Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cards

Post by Cards »

has the video stopped working??