An interesting story in this crazy storm

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Andersjorstad

An interesting story in this crazy storm

Post by Andersjorstad »

So I'm going to introduce this story by mentioning that I am a Hofstra student who has already (thankfully) made it to campus prior to this storm. My girlfriend drove up yesterday with her dad and today we were supposed to drive him to a hotel. We got into our friend's car who has all-wheel drive and decided to get there before the driving ban kicks in. Naturally, we get stuck in the snow trying to get into the parking lot of the hotel. With no real shovel, we were pretty much stuck. About 10 minutes later a bus stops at the entrance and the driver offers a shovel. Who was on the bus? The William & Mary men's basketball team. Two minutes later and the bus holding the Towson women's team pulls up as well. Assistant coaches from each team come out and assist in getting us out of the rut while some players come out and take videos of the incident. Thanks to their help, we got out.

While I'll always say Go Pride, it's awesome to see the kindhearted deeds of those we often call the "enemy."
stuball888

Re: An interesting story in this crazy storm

Post by stuball888 »

Nice story. Even though the are the 'enemy" you want them to arrive and get home safe.
HUSID80

Re: An interesting story in this crazy storm

Post by HUSID80 »

Great story...these are the ones that never make it in the media....Good kids!