Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
dutchalum01

Re: MBB vs W&M, 1/23

Post by dutchalum01 »

Ah! Thanks Stu!
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

ProudofPride wrote:Someone should show our team this video. It'll help get the bad taste of the CAA tournament game out of their mouths, and make them even more motivated to get this win. Someone needs to step and channel their inner Charles Jenkins. We're 2.5 point favorites right now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nySUqQA53UQ
Sent the link to Joe M...let you know if he responds/
Andersjorstad

Post by Andersjorstad »

Can confirm (thanks to a fun story I'm going to share on a new thread soon) that the W&M men's team and Towson's women's team are both in Hempstead right now. Whether they get to campus tomorrow is another story though...
Polito

Post by Polito »

There is no team in the CAA I want to see HU annihilate more due to the majority of their message board fan base of wannabe tough guys, I.e. The little napoleons

I don't just want HU to beat them, I want the good guys to absolutely BURY them any and every time they play

Of course the MAJOR revenge factor from last yrs heartbreaker is also an obvious piece of this and the massive icing on the payback cake, but for me it's mostly about their tool shed forum I want to see go full meltdown

However, utmost respect for their staff, players, and program (and the few good forum fans that I know do exist) - quality all around and because of that I expect a battle
ProudofPride

Re: MBB vs W&M, 1/24

Post by ProudofPride »

Hofstra just announced that the university is also closed tomorrow since the roads and weather are so bad, and all non-athletic events are cancelled. This means that the 2 basketball games as well as the wrestling matches are still happening. Expect little to no attendance at all of these, but that's understandable in this weather.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

If the roads are ok we should make it our business to get there....big game for us...need some separation and revenge!
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Hofstra should make tomorrow's events free for anybody who shows up.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Another opportunity missed.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=105888&a=1 will have statistics. Hofstra is starting Green, Tanksley, Gustys, Koon, and Bernardi.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

EvanJ wrote:http://stats.statbroadcast.com/broadcast/?id=105888&a=1 will have statistics. Hofstra is starting Green, Tanksley, Gustys, Koon, and Bernardi.
Wow! What a surprise!
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

To Hofstras credit they are offering exchanges for people who dont show up today for future games.
Wags

Post by Wags »

ProudofPride wrote:Someone should show our team this video. It'll help get the bad taste of the CAA tournament game out of their mouths, and make them even more motivated to get this win. Someone needs to step and channel their inner Charles Jenkins. We're 2.5 point favorites right now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nySUqQA53UQ
They've been watching the video of the loss to W&M in last year's CAA semis. More relevant and even more motivating.
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

I arrived early, not knowing how the roads would be...main roads were fine. About 20 fans here. At least I got to park close.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Wags

Post by Wags »

HUSID80 wrote:If the roads are ok we should make it our business to get there....big game for us...need some separation and revenge!
No issues at all on the highways if you're coming down last minute now:
https://twitter.com/JonathanJWagner/sta ... 4090567681
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Any students there? All of the cars are snowed in, and students have to dig them out and move them to specified lots to make plowing easier. I can't imagine it'll be easy to trudge to the arena from the dorms with 2 feet of snow.
Wags

Post by Wags »

ProudofPride wrote:Any students there? All of the cars are snowed in, and students have to dig them out and move them to specified lots to make plowing easier. I can't imagine it'll be easy to trudge to the arena from the dorms with 2 feet of snow.
Literally ONE, sitting by himself right behind me, at 11:50 am, in the Lion's Den right now.

Poor excuse with the cars. The dorms are walking distance to The Mack.

And in general, it appears as though William & Mary will have more fans in attendance than Hofstra. So if the team wants to be reminded of Baltimore last March, it may feel that way (to a smaller degree).
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

William & Mary is starting Daniel Dixon (guard), Omar Prewitt (guard), Terry Tarpey (forward), Sean Sheldon (forward), and David Cohn (guard). http://www.caasports.com/custompages/st ... m#team.ind has William & Mary's statistics.

Edit: William & Mary is 21st out of 351 teams in field goal percentage.
Last edited by EvanJ on Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wags

Post by Wags »

Wags wrote:
ProudofPride wrote:Any students there? All of the cars are snowed in, and students have to dig them out and move them to specified lots to make plowing easier. I can't imagine it'll be easy to trudge to the arena from the dorms with 2 feet of snow.
Literally ONE, sitting by himself right behind me, at 11:50 am, in the Lion's Den right now.

Poor excuse with the cars. The dorms are walking distance to The Mack.

And in general, it appears as though William & Mary will have more fans in attendance than Hofstra. So if the team wants to be reminded of Baltimore last March, it may feel that way (to a smaller degree).
Up to double digits now. 10 students in the Lion's Den during pregame intros.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Glad to see Gustys beat up on Mr. Man Bun to score his first points and draw the foul. Icing on the cake was him actually making the free throw.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

William & Mary made a three-pointer with 4:39 left in the first half to go up 31-22. Then Hofstra went on a 16-4 run. William & Mary made the last basket of the half to leave Hofstra up 38-37. 38-35 was Hofstra's largest lead. Hofstra made only 2 of their first 12 three-pointers and then made their last 4 to finish the half 6-16.