garyg

Re: MBB recruits 2016

Post by garyg »

Any word ????
HofstraFan101

Post by HofstraFan101 »

Elijah just committed to Hofstra!!!
Last edited by HofstraFan101 on Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andersjorstad

Post by Andersjorstad »

ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Here's his official announcement!
https://instagram.com/p/9CYH6rh84D/
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

HofstraFan101 wrote:Without going into much detail I can say that things are looking very good.
Nice scoop HF101 - welcome aboard EP!!!!
DMV Dutch

Post by DMV Dutch »

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!
garyg

Post by garyg »

Great news...
HofstraFan101

Post by HofstraFan101 »

daHUPride wrote:
HofstraFan101 wrote:Without going into much detail I can say that things are looking very good.
Nice scoop HF101 - welcome aboard EP!!!!
:D
garyg

Post by garyg »

Great news but now we must move on to the next recruit...important we land 2 impact players during the fall recruiting period...we have one now with Pembo...need another one...anyone have any ideas on who the next impact recruit may be ??
DMV Dutch

Post by DMV Dutch »

Wish List

1. Chuba Ohams
2. Jaylen McManus
3. Antwan Walker
garyg

Post by garyg »

I would love it to be Ohams DMV...he has great potential...anyone have inside info on this kid 101 ?? LOL
jaspegs

Post by jaspegs »

Nice get Joe!
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Well done Joe and staff! Let's hope this is the first of many for this crucial class...what say William & Mary now?
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

Welcome Elijah Pemberton!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
dutchalum01

Post by dutchalum01 »

Great get! Nice job staff - now on to the next!!
Cards

Post by Cards »

[/quote]
Cards wrote:my wish list is Pemberton and Ohams
Half way there!! would love to be right on both!

Great job JAM, Speedy and staff
Polito

Post by Polito »

B O O M ! ! ! Like I said folks, the choice is clear!!!

I know, next one and all that, but lets take tonight to enjoy this one - for obvious reasons, this is just SWEEEEET!!! The child in me wants to say BBWWAAHAHAHAHA , but alas I shall refrain and exercise some small level of adultness :lol:

He belongs at HU, he's really a great fit for for the program, staff, and players - I believe Buie was a great help in this process - that was a very big signing also (thx JWF!) - established himself as one of the top PGs in the NATION, and when you have a guy like that, credible in those circles, its just a huge lift

Despite what some certain opposing fans want to believe, the birdies in his ear may have been related to them and others rather than HU - HU was basically 1st to offer the kid, so lets be realistic here - birdies don't come from the leaders, they come after - and after some digging I came across some very interesting things, including the likelihood that he was never truly very enthralled with his WM commitment, hence the super fast pull back - he def liked some aspects to them, there were certainly some positives for him to verbal in the 1st place - just saying there was a strong possibility that he was feeling some pressure or perhaps a bit rushed - if that wasn't the case it's an easy decision right back to WM... But clearly that didn't happen

And his announcement basically supports this - a lot of easy reading between the lines with his own words if you take the time to put 2-2 together - HU seems to actually be HIS TRUE choice - and oh how sweet it is baby

As for what HU just got:
Explosive, athletic, quick, 3 * guard - plays with authority - he will be an absolute JOY to watch dunking all over the conf - a nice windmill or alley oop against a certain team will be bring tears of happiness to our eyes :P
Handles the rock, drives to the hoop strong, has a nice pull-up J, can shoot the 3, really can just score from all over
Aggressive and strong for his size, can likely play 1-3
Seems to come from a solid family
Seems to have a good heart and a head on his shoulders - took the process seriously, and made sure to get it right for him
Offer list in addition to CAA: K-State, ECU, Duquesne, St Bon, Fordham, Iona, Illinois St, Southern Illinois, UB, and others
Top 10 in state and top 25 in New England - and trust me, he's got a huge ceiling yet to be realized

BIG win for the good guys tonight folks - and what a kick start to a program changing '16 class!!
#ROLLPRIDE
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

daHUPride wrote:I hope something comes soon.
I think a mix of (experience) JUCO and (developmental) HS Grads is a perfect match for this roster and what we will be losing. With the emphasis being on landing some scoring big guards/small forwards type to replace the 2016/17 open spots - Tanksley, Nicols and Koon (Robinson will be the only returning player for that postion). I think with small guard - Berardi, Buie Powers - there is less urgency and even less of a need at the big men slot for the 2016/17 as we will still have 3 - Gustys, Walker and Sabaty - with 2 years left after this season.
Great get by HU/JAM.
Like what I read about Pemberton - seems like we have some upside with him.
I think that leaves us with 4 more schollys to use - before next year.
As I said in prior post - I believe we need to focus on filling the void of departing Tanksley, Nicols and Koon - so a scoring athletic tweeners (6'5"-6'8") - is going to be a big need for us to complete the 16-17 roster. Ideally a combo of a JuCo and/or a one year hired gun transfer would work for me - and I wouldn't mind adding another big project (ie Walker).
Pemberton welcome aboard - staff great work - now back out to the gyms and get the pipeline filled with more signed recruits.
garyg

Post by garyg »

We beat out a lot of schools for Pemberton and that alone is very impressive...great job by JAM and staff...Pemberton is a versatile player who can fill 3 positions for us...his current coach stated he can guard the 5-8 PG or the 6-7 wing forward...also he will be playing a lot at the point this season according to coach which should only enhance his overall game
Polito

Post by Polito »

an, day 2 and it STILL feels GREAT! Little more before moving on: Also offered by GMU and had interest from Butler, Indiana, etc. granted just 'interest' but kid has major potential - he's on a team of D1 guys, and plays/performs against top competition regularly - LOTS of chatter congratulating him and HU for the commit: i.e. HU continues to recruit at a high level, beat both in-conf rivals and some bigger dogs, and should do damage in the CAA right away - plays hard on BOTH ends, his coach says he can guard anyone from 5'8-'67, attacks constantly and creates his own shot - has to prove all this at HU of course, but I am quite excited to see which of this 3-headed monster is the first to be all conf! :D

And one last thing to our opposing friends who know to come here for REAL insight :P
- To the few good fans: building a solid program with a solid staff, and doing it the right way - best of luck except against HU, continue to rep the CAA well
- To the clown posse (looking at you mod): Ye shall now be known as The Little Napoleons for 322 years of living in the shadow of, well, just about everyone in VA and the USA - on one thing we agree, I hope recruits read your boards too - keep Hofstra hating, couldn't care less, but the 2-faced bashing of a young man because you're mad at his clearly difficult heartfelt decision is straight up embarrassing - remember that when karma has him posterizing your team for the next 4 yrs

WELCOME ABOARD PEMBA, LET'S GO DANCIN!!

Agree with others, the focus now moves to guys in the 6'5-6'8 mold - ideally looking for a star 6'6-6'7 wing forward type guy with wingspan next - would love a dynamic 6'5ish wing guard, and an impact 6'8-6'9 PF type - last one maybe pull in either a big body C or another WG/WF for good measure

And remember guys, this staff is recruiting very talented guys - it takes a lot of effort and time - but that's the game when you step up to the higher level kids for a program still building like HU - they're putting in work, and succeeding - 3 stars so far in Bernardi, Gustys, Walker, Buie, JWF, and now Pemba... that's an impressive trend - and I believe more coming

#ROLLPRIDE