MBB recruits 2016

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
garyg

Re: MBB recruits 2016

Post by garyg »

Hope you are right Polito...we need this class to be special...PS Your last Post Polito may have been your shortest ever...LOL
DMV Dutch

Post by DMV Dutch »

Smooth Cruise O.D

On my way to this official to Northeastern

http://verbalcommits.com/players/elijah ... zXABk.dpuf
dutchiedoright

Post by dutchiedoright »

.....a punch in the gut.......
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

DMV Dutch wrote:Smooth Cruise O.D

On my way to this official to Northeastern

http://verbalcommits.com/players/elijah ... zXABk.dpuf
How many officials does that make? Isn't five the max?
Polito

Post by Polito »

Now NU, you know you are very late to this party and that's not cool lol

It's either his 4th or 5th, know of St Bon, HU, W&M, NU...another?

NU already has a solid player in freshman Kamga that's basically of the exact same mold and will consume that position after Jr TJ Williams who is solid is in his own right and will eat most min until he's gone - PLUS they have a 6'4 soph PG and a new 6'5 verbal - too many guys 'just like him' - NU is clearly a strong mid program, very good staff, and has produced at the guard spot, HOWEVER, there just doesn't seem to be a major need for him at NU in this class, not a lot of minutes there for quite awhile IMO, not the smart play for EP - my humble biased opinion lol

And, to be fair something similar could be said for HU with Bernardi and JWF... however Bernardi is a completely different player and JWF is of a different mold/size - different uses - believe they can mix and match on the court and all be fed from future star Buie - I just see more options and min there for him.

EP needs to take a serious look at his PT, his development outlook, and who's going to feed him the rock - take an analysis of the supporting cast - then the choice becomes as clear as I'm making it.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Not to mention Northeastern's facilities. I don't care how "historic" Matthew's arena is, I personally find it ugly and tiny. Plus, it's used by hockey too, so the team doesn't even have a dedicated space for them, as the other basketball facility, the Cabot Center, is also use by the women's team and volleyball. They averaged the smallest attendance in the CAA last year, the year they won the conference. That's pathetic, especially since they're located in a major city and not in the middle of nowhere, and considering the size of the school and the alumni base.
That being said though, I'd rather lose EP to NU than W&M. At least NU has a bigger basketball history than W&M, and a coach that's been to the NCAA tournament.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Facilities it's a NO-BRAINER - attendance, know what you mean, but I won't touch that considering HU's own issues lol

But here's another important key: quite frankly, HU was one of if not THE first program to offer this kid - I mean HU's staff is ON IT - hope EP understands and appreciates that fact - I never understood the initial commit to W&M in the first place, esp that early on

HU's talent evaluation AND guard development is absolutely SPOT ON - they saw his potential and moved on it in *FEB* (and prob had their eye on him even earlier), then others caught on and joined the party in spring/summer - HU has stayed true to the young man and I believe there should be tremendous value in that -

He seems CAA bound, and all 3 CAA schools carry some level of potential - all have some value and a case - however, there's only ONE of the 3 that offers ALL of the following:

- Minutes
- Development
And though W&M and NU certainly get extra credit on the education side, that's fair and a fact, the other fact is HU is no slouch - not all about these ridiculous book rankings, it's about real life results - there are numerous great credible articles with facts to prove this, but I'm too busy earning and producing to dig up :P - and I would wager as someone else mentioned that the overall success and earning power of alumni are very similar, if not even with HU on top in some business cases in particular (also my world). Again, goes back to market location, it just opens so many doors and connections it's almost ridiculous. I've personally observed it for years, and been fortunate and blessed enough to LIVE it myself. It's an interesting dynamic to an HU education that most others won't believe or appreciate or give proper credit for...but trust me, being born and raised in VA, I can vouch credibly for this fact - it's a difference maker.

The choice is clear.
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Polito wrote:and I would wager as someone else mentioned that the overall success and earning power of alumni are very similar, if not even with HU on top in some business cases in particular (also my world). Again, goes back to market location, it just opens so many doors and connections it's almost ridiculous. I've personally observed it for years, and been fortunate and blessed enough to LIVE it myself. It's an interesting dynamic to an HU education that most others won't believe or appreciate or give proper credit for...but trust me, being born and raised in VA, I can vouch credibly for this fact - it's a difference maker.

The choice is clear.
Hofstra actually had an article about this last year. HU grads are extremely successful, to say the least. http://news.hofstra.edu/2014/09/12/hofs ... rank-high/
On the 2015-16 salary report by pay scale.com, Hofstra grads rank significantly higher than both NU and W&M in terms of salaries :D In the long run, Hofstra grads actually tend to get paid much more. If W&M fans want to make bogus claims about our academics, all we have to do is show them the straight facts about who is more successful after graduation. http://www.payscale.com/college-salary-report/bachelors
HU: 52, with early-career pay at $47,600 and mid-career pay at $102,000
W&M: 117, with early-career pay at $45,900 and mid-career pay at $92,500
NU: 151, with early-career pay at $55,000 and mid-career pay at $89,600
VCUfan

Post by VCUfan »

ProudofPride wrote:
Polito wrote:and I would wager as someone else mentioned that the overall success and earning power of alumni are very similar, if not even with HU on top in some business cases in particular (also my world). Again, goes back to market location, it just opens so many doors and connections it's almost ridiculous. I've personally observed it for years, and been fortunate and blessed enough to LIVE it myself. It's an interesting dynamic to an HU education that most others won't believe or appreciate or give proper credit for...but trust me, being born and raised in VA, I can vouch credibly for this fact - it's a difference maker.

The choice is clear.
Hofstra actually had an article about this last year. HU grads are extremely successful, to say the least. http://news.hofstra.edu/2014/09/12/hofs ... rank-high/
On the 2015-16 salary report by pay scale.com, Hofstra grads rank significantly higher than both NU and W&M in terms of salaries :D In the long run, Hofstra grads actually tend to get paid much more. If W&M fans want to make bogus claims about our academics, all we have to do is show them the straight facts about who is more successful after graduation. http://www.payscale.com/college-salary-report/bachelors
HU: 52, with early-career pay at $47,600 and mid-career pay at $102,000
W&M: 117, with early-career pay at $45,900 and mid-career pay at $92,500
NU: 151, with early-career pay at $55,000 and mid-career pay at $89,600
When one considers cost of living in Virginia versus say Long Island where most of the alumni of Hofstra and W&M reside, that argument from Hofstra's own news site plugging their success based on payscale.com doesn't hold as much weight. As an unbiased party, W&M is on a different level academically and most if not all unbiased folks would agree with that statement. There are areas where Hofstra blows the Tribe out of the water. The value and prestige of the actual education is not one of them.
DMV Dutch

Post by DMV Dutch »

Decision coming soon???

Smooth Cruise O.D ‏@pemcruise25 1h1 hour ago

Anyone know how to do official jersey edits?
dutchalum01

MBB recruits 2016

Post by dutchalum01 »

Wasn't he just at Northeastern this weekend? This makes me nervous. Fingers crossed.
HofstraFan101

Post by HofstraFan101 »

Without going into much detail I can say that things are looking very good.
DMV Dutch

Post by DMV Dutch »

:o :shock: ;)

HofstraFan101 wrote:Without going into much detail I can say that things are looking very good.
garyg

Post by garyg »

HofstraFan101....does that mean you have some inside info that he is leaning toward Hofstra ???
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

HofstraFan101 wrote:Without going into much detail I can say that things are looking very good.
Getter done son!!!
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Looking on twitter now, I can't find a single post from the media or recruiting services about EP visiting Northeastern. The only post about it is his own tweet. There are several about him visiting Hofstra and about his commitment/decommitment to W&M. Not sure if there's any significance to it, but it's kind of weird that media people will post about him visiting one school, but not another.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Gary, my man, stop pressing!! That post has some juice to it, but you don't asking for more detail when that clearly isn't happening - do we need to get you a class on 'The Down Low 101'??? :lol:

VCUfan, agree with you 100% on the quality of W&M's education, one of the top ranked institutions in the nation, that's just a fact - my point is really a personal one about the end game, the results - W&M has some fantastic production from it's alumni, and quite frankly, so does HU - they're no ivy, but HU's education is a solid one and the networking/connection component due to it's location truly is a major benefit that translates into real-life results that in some ways help to negate some the difference in actual classroom value - and it's quite interesting, HU is a highly competitive place on a social level, which seems to carry through to create a tremendous drive and ambition in a lot of the students it produces

At any rate, I've reached my limit of interest in discussing W&M, I really don't care this much about them lol just a good conversation to pass the pre-season time - the tribe and HU have been completely meaningless to each other until literally last year - I love my home state of VA, have tremendous respect for it's people schools etc, you can ask anyone here - I couldn't care less what anyone else thinks of HU, because in the most humble way I can say this as I continue to be very blessed, I'd be willing to compare lifestyles family business and success with just about any one of the haters :P - the bottom line is, W&M is a SUPER school, and ranked as such. But HU folks can more than hold their own when it comes to success and making 'bank' - if you want to be a politician or a professor, I'd go W&M all the way - fortunately I want neither of those professions! :D

And, yes, there is a cost of living factor that can't be ignored, that goes for anyone anywhere - but my bet is that most W&M folks end up in DC or Richmond more than staying in ol Williamsburg - and DC is one of the priciest places in the country - Richmond, eh, yeah, you can prob make a buck fifty and find a way to sit pretty - not so in DC or LI - so that argument still has some holes in it - it really just comes into play if you're talking the diff between LI and a place like Danville or something...

Now, on to the important things, WINNING RECRUITING !!! :D :D
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Polito

Post by Polito »

Just beat me PoP! I found some great stuff on Instagram...

Saw a great pic of his HU official on there, he's with some fam and the full staff (JM, Speedy, etc) - AND, even better, he's with none other than the future, mr DESURE BUIE - as I've said, that kid has star potential and that is the PG you want passing you the rock your college career - could be a tremendous tandem - BIG props to Buie for helping to build this program and get HU back to the top despite having yet to play a game for HU!! Class young man, just like JWF did for him - THAT'S family, and that's the kind of culture and players JM is building with - if Pemba fits that mold of QUALITY and TALENT, then he'll be welcomed with open arms as one of the next in line of great guards and great young men at HU 8-)

Here's a clip from the latest of his postings:

"Who would have thought a scrawny kid from middletown ct would be making his final decision to the university he attends. Final 5: East Carolina|Hofstra|Northeastern|William and Mary| St Bonaventure. ... Decision is tomorrow...."

...which is today.

#ROLLPRIDE
HofstraFan101

Post by HofstraFan101 »

garyg wrote:HofstraFan101....does that mean you have some inside info that he is leaning toward Hofstra ???
Yes. Not 100% sure the info I have means he's coming to hofstra but the odds are very high. If u want further explanation you can message me