MBB Recruits 2022

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
triplec2195

Re: MBB Recruits 2022

Post by triplec2195 »

You get what u deserve and he got opportunities and showed very little. I would love for him to realize what everyone said he was going to be but he didn’t help himself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BringBackFootball

Post by BringBackFootball »

cactus wrote:
triplec2195 wrote:Hopefully his game translates to D1 college basketball. We’ll see also about Carlos next year.

He didn't seem happy with his playing time earlier this season and is no guarantee to return

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
I had high hopes for Carlos coming into the season. There is absolutely talent there. The problem is that he didnt show it enough, wasn't consistent. As a freshmen you need to be much better if you want more playing time especially with veterans like Ray, Cooks, Silverio and a POY Estrada in the back court.

He didnt get it done. He should work hard, keep that chip on his shoulder and come back even better next season. If he's going to sulk and leave because of last season honestly you dont really want him.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Listen he has no reason to play the blame game at HU. He needs to take a long look in the mirror because he got minutes. If JWF GOT HIS MINUTES he would have contributed but his D was subpar. I don’t mean to be mean but for me Carlos showed nothing I mean he hit one three all year and I believe that was against a D3 team. I was very, very disappointed to say the least in him.

wrhualum

Post by wrhualum »

Toby Okani is transferring from Duquesne. This article mentions that Hofstra was recruiting him out of high school. Could be a solid addition. https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2022/03 ... er-portal/
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Okani looks like he would be a good add...time to start replenishing this roster.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

If you just look at his numbers they're very mediocre and he shot 19% from beyond the arc scoring 3.8 in 20 minutes. 70% from the foul line. His overall shooting was at 36%. Why would we even go after a guy like this based on these numbers?? Am I missing something?
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

Not sure if it was mentioned elsewhere but silverio is confirmed to be transferring out. He graduated but still has his extra covid year of eligibility.

triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

cactus wrote:Not sure if it was mentioned elsewhere but silverio is confirmed to be transferring out. He graduated but still has his extra covid year of eligibility.

This was mentioned cactus and this is a big loss IMO.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

triplec2195 wrote:If you just look at his numbers they're very mediocre and he shot 19% from beyond the arc scoring 3.8 in 20 minutes. 70% from the foul line. His overall shooting was at 36%. Why would we even go after a guy like this based on these numbers?? Am I missing something?
Check Coburn's and Silverio's numbers in A10 programs before they came to Hofstra.
RollPride15

Post by RollPride15 »

HUSID80 wrote:
triplec2195 wrote:If you just look at his numbers they're very mediocre and he shot 19% from beyond the arc scoring 3.8 in 20 minutes. 70% from the foul line. His overall shooting was at 36%. Why would we even go after a guy like this based on these numbers?? Am I missing something?
Check Coburn's and Silverio's numbers in A10 programs before they came to Hofstra.
Or Dubar, for that matter.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

You have somewhat of a point with Dubar who was getting 14 minutes but neither Coburn or Silverio was getting anywhere near 20 minutes on their prior teams. I'm stating this from my memory without going back looking it up. Also this kid Okani played two years! Maybe there's something there but would love to see him shoot three's better that's for sure.
Hof_Judge99

Post by Hof_Judge99 »

Estrada has declared for the NBA draft while maintaining college eligibility. Not an April Fool’s joke, JWF of course did the same thing and came back.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Three schools in three years? He might be gone.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Ugh a potential program killer. Let’s hope he’s staying .

triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

BTW I recollect that JWF did this to access where his game was and where he needed to improve to be able to play at the NBA level. I’m sure Estrada did this with Speedy’s blessing.

Hof_Judge99

Post by Hof_Judge99 »

Jojogunne wrote:Three schools in three years? He might be gone.

Imagine if St. Peter’s still had him? Lol.
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

Estrada is a great player but he ain't NBA ready. Hope he stays with us for the next two years, though.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

joeg1 wrote:Estrada is a great player but he ain't NBA ready. Hope he stays with us for the next two years, though.
Agree - Estrada versatility plays nicely in the mid-major arena - but his size makes me wonder if he is NBA ready - i hope he is just "fact-finding" to see what NBA interest is out there; and get feedback for him to use and work on the weakness he might have
ZMAN3

Post by ZMAN3 »

He is not close to an NBA player - at least not now
Polito

Post by Polito »

Estrada is not going anywhere. He's doing what JWF and numerous other low mid major stars do. He's getting his name out there and getting an initial assessment. All in preparation for next year. Pulling for him, but it's going to be very tough - different animal. Way better players have failed at it. But will absolutely be thrilled to see another HU guard get a shot!

Right now his goal needs to be to win the CAA and dance - THEN he can get his shot at the league. Fail again, and his road is unlikely. Just like the others before him. Great to be a Henson finalist, but the winners are league champs and NCAAT participants - as I've harped on for years, that's all that matters.

Outside of Arkansas :P , literally no one nationally knows him, HU, or the lowly CAA - zero buzz - and trust me, even the Hogs promptly forgot as they marched to the Elite 8 (again) while HU was sitting on it's butt at home before the tourney even started (again).

Unfortunately, HU has had zero NBA success outside of Speedy Claxton, and that was a LIFETIME ago. A couple of super guys drafted, but didn't last long. HU needs a guy to actually sustain in the league soon, because the Speedy shine is going to wear off very soon. Took a big hit year one going nowhere. Another year like this one, no dance and a POY who doesn't see an NCAAT, and having Speedy isn't going to mean squat to these new players. No matter how much HU's Twitter tries to hype it.

That was over TWO DECADES ago. And fading fast. My outrage for better isn't for no reason. Clock is ticking on this 'big' very hyped up hoops hire... Speedy better win. Or it'll be more of the same ol same ol till the next coach.

Estrada absolutely will return, and he, this team, and coaching staff better get their ish together and win this league. 1 yr down. 2-3 to go before its a wash.

..... and so.... WHERE IS THE RECRUITING NEWS???