2021 Men's Lacrosse

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
stuball888

Re: 2021 Men's Lacrosse

Post by stuball888 »

Guys also correct me if Im wrong While Dino was our coach our record against Duke was 6-0. Duke was

good not great until Dino got there.
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

stuball888 wrote:Guys also correct me if Im wrong While Dino was our coach our record against Duke was 6-0. Duke was

Correct, Hofstra has never lost to Duke, although haven't played them since 2003.
Dutchflid

Post by Dutchflid »

stuball888 wrote:Guys also correct me if Im wrong While Dino was our coach our record against Duke was 6-0. Duke was

Pressler's last full year at Duke was 2005, they were 17-3 and lost in the championship game to Hopkins 9-8.

Pressler was in six consecutive tournaments from '97/'02 and seven out of Pressler's last nine years at Duke

At Bryant Pressler has won two NCAA playin games and one NCAA game since they became D1 nine years ago.

Pressler was not a better coach at Duke then he is at Bryant, he had better players.
Polito

Post by Polito »

HUSID, when you don't make the NCAAT in a sport like lax for a decade, you are 100% irrelevant. Especially when your program USED to make it on a respectable basis. Your view is skewed because you are a fan, and not hating on ya for that, but to think this program is anything of significance under ST in the national landscape is nothing more than blue and gold goggles - and you've been fooled by their false 'success' against garbage schedules literally every one of those 10 years, only to be abruptly let down every time.

This team lost to unranked SJU and UMASS, have only beaten one ranked opponent in their in-state rival, and just barely beat unranked Towson by a single goal. You may continue to enjoy watching them in the regular season to your hearts content. I personally do not enjoy watching a failed program that is not only tolerated, but apparently accepted and fueled by a lackadaisical reactive admin who seems to care more about their buddy than their program.

I haven't and won't spend a minute or dollar supporting until a change is made and I see HU treat this sport like the thoroughbred it should be. If they don't care, which is what sitting on your ass watching the landscape blow by signifies, then neither do I when it comes to fandom and monetary involvement.

I am not here to say that ST is a bad coach - not at all, I have no doubt he is a very good lax coach - but he is not the right fit for HU, and the results prove it. And that doesn't mean no coach can succeed here - that is full on defeatist attitude and completely false. Sometimes good coaches aren't fits, just like players, end of story. No big explanation - it happens. And when it does you do what you need to do for the betterment of the PROGRAM. That's called leadership. You don't continue to force some arrangement that clearly isn't working.

There is ZERO comparison between him and JD. None. Not even in the same universe.

And I'm with you on that quote Dutchflid, and you're right, I surely need to remember it!

IF HU ever wakes up from their mental coma and does whatever it takes to hire Amplo, my bet is he would have them in the NCAAT in short order - 3 years or less IMO. Or we can just sit back and watch him do it elsewhere again. Which is exactly what HU will do. So yeah, nah, not dedicating my time or money to that kind of 'commitment'.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Big game Friday at 5 p.m. on free LSN:

https://gohofstra.com/news/2021/4/7/men ... riday.aspx

Didn't we just play these guys? :)

UMass lost to Drexel last weekend. Now it's our turn to beat them. According to the game notes, Dylan McIntosh has moved up to the first midfield line with Justin Sykes and Riley Forte. Sykes had 3G vs. Towson. We need to get D-Mac going.

Should be a good one.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Jojo I think it is Covid protocals We are limiting travel so I guess Umass is our northern travel partner. I think its more for UMass than us to limit their travel.
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

stuball888 wrote:Jojo I think it is Covid protocals We are limiting travel so I guess Umass is our northern travel partner. I think its more for UMass than us to limit their travel.
Fairfield our closet CAA opponent with Drexel next, but Hofstra second closest to UMass so am sure that played a role. Not sure why we are playing Towson twice though.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Awesome win for the Pride on the road against UMass. Done 6-2 Pride come back in second half to win 12-11.

Tierney, as usual was awesome but key was our face off guy, don’t rember his name but he was like 16 of 20.

With our offense led by Tierney, great goaltending and face off dominance we just could have a run and win the CAA.
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

Always sweet to beat UMASS and more importantly this puts us in strong position to make the CAA tourney, which will be hosted at Shuart. Also another Sports Center top 10 play for Ryan Tierney on this sweet cross-field bounce pass assist https://twitter.com/HofstraMLAX/status/ ... 12065?s=20
fiftiespride

Post by fiftiespride »

Yes, great, and for me surprising win. 18 for 26 on face offs and 9 extra ground balls made the difference. Does anyone know if and when we will get Concannon back?
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

fiftiespride wrote:Yes, great, and for me surprising win. 18 for 26 on face offs and 9 extra ground balls made the difference. Does anyone know if and when we will get Concannon back?
Tierney said on coaches show after first UMass game he hoped to have him back for Towson game that weekend, so hopefully they are just being extra cautious in working him back.
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

We miss Concannon. He can score from behind the cage and his presence on the field takes some of the defensive attention away from Ryan Tierney.

FYI, our next home game, vs. Delaware next Saturday, will be on SNY.
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

Maybe it's our year. Nice win.

Tierney's 5th yr. I guess he's a grad student.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Delaware is a big hurdle. They are undefeated That and we have to win the CAA tournament. No way we get an at Large with our OOC schedule.
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

stuball888 wrote:Delaware is a big hurdle. They are undefeated That and we have to win the CAA tournament. No way we get an at Large with our OOC schedule.
Actually Delaware lost to Drexel today, 12-9. Drexel may be team to beat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

For those who are able to watch lacrosse during the day, here's the link to free streaming video of our game @ Towson Tuesday at 12 noon:

https://portal.stretchinternet.com/towson/
Mikey77

Post by Mikey77 »

If anyone is watching the Towson game - the defense is really pathetic. Worst Hofstra defense I can remember. Is anybody running that show?
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Actually we are down 8-4 after 3 quarters Where is our offense
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

And right on Q the furious comeback starts Down 10-4 we score 3 goals in a little over a minute Who touched the snoozed buttom