Flo Sports

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
triplec2195

Flo Sports

Post by triplec2195 »

IDK if anyone has given thought to subscribing to the Flo sports package which looks like will cover our CAA games. Does anyone know if they have any intention in covering our OOC games which apparently have yet to be finalized except for a couple of games. I know they will be covering other CAA teams OOC games. Any info. on this??
HUSID74

Re: Flo Sports

Post by HUSID74 »

We are opening at Monmouth, playing at Rutgers, St. Bona, Richmond and we're home to Iona and SB. Staff still looking to add at least a couple of local games.
Heard schedule blew up at least twice due to COVID...at one time we were in the bubble at Mohegan Sun but that disappeared due to COVID as well.

Hope there is tv access to these games.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

HUSID74 wrote:We are opening at Monmouth, playing at Rutgers, St. Bona, Richmond and we're home to Iona and SB. Staff still looking to add at least a couple of local games.
Heard schedule blew up at least twice due to COVID...at one time we were in the bubble at Mohegan Sun but that disappeared due to COVID as well.

Hope there is tv access to these games.
Obviously a lot of us would like to watch these games even if we have to pay for Flo Sports. Hope we find out soon as the clock is ticking and BTW thanks for the info. HUSID.
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

No info on the games but I did subscribe last season and was happy with the service.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

I had some issues with streaming at times but if this is the only way you're going to see the games then you don't have a choice. They also have the games available so if you miss them you can still watch them.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

https://www.flohoops.com/pay?sp=caa&utm ... gn=2020caa is the link for Flo with the CAA discount.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

EvanJ wrote:https://www.flohoops.com/pay?sp=caa&utm ... gn=2020caa is the link for Flo with the CAA discount.
It looks like there r no HU games on at least the initial ones OOC probably because we are just scheduling these games which begs the question will any of these games be on Flo sports??
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

Thanks for the link Evan
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

triplec2195 wrote:
EvanJ wrote: https://www.flohoops.com/pay?sp=caa&utm ... gn=2020caa is the link for Flo with the CAA discount.
It looks like there r no HU games on at least the initial ones OOC probably because we are just scheduling these games which begs the question will any of these games be on Flo sports??
Hofstra's schedule lists all of their CAA games on Flo, but the times aren't listed, which is probably why it's not on Flo's schedule.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

What about OOC games??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

triplec2195 wrote:What about OOC games??

According to Mike Neely, the home OOC games will be on Flo, and all CAA league games. We're left to find the other school's feed for the OOC road games.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

cactus wrote:
triplec2195 wrote:What about OOC games??

According to Mike Neely, the home OOC games will be on Flo, and all CAA league games. We're left to find the other school's feed for the OOC road games.
TY Cactus so at least the home games can be watched but where's the OOC schedule??
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

https://gohofstra.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule has four OOC away games:

Tonight at Monmouth at 7:00 P.M. on ESPN3, so anyone who gets ESPN on TV can watch online

Sunday at Rutgers at 4:00 P.M. on Big Ten Network, so we will be on National TV

Saturday December 19 at St. Bonaventure at 2:00 P.M. on ESPN Plus, which you have to pay $5.99 for one month or $49.99 for a year. It includes a lot of sports, and it's much better than when schools charge $4.95 or more to watch one game, or even worse when you have to pay for one month subscription for a team you don't care about to watch one away game for your team.

Tuesday December 22 at Richmond at 2:00 P.M. on ESPN Plus. If you don't pay for ESPN Plus and don't want it for a year, $5.99 for one month to watch two games isn't too much. I don't know if we've ever had a season where getting ESPN on TV and $5.99 or less was enough to watch every OOC game. Our Women start today at 2:00 P.M. at Army West Point, and that is on ESPN Plus.

ESPN Plus has a lot of soccer. I like Genoa because I like Genoa salami. Tomorrow Genoa is at Sampdoria, who they share a stadium with, in the Coppa Italia, which is on ESPN Plus. ESPN Plus has a lot of games between men's basketball national teams this week. I don't watch fighting, but if you like UFC, ESPN Plus has that Saturday at 7:00 P.M. in English and Spanish.

Edit: Towson vs. Number 4 Virginia at 1:30 P.M. today at Mohegan is on Flo at https://www.flohoops.com/events/6818274 ... ubbleville