CAA SEMIFINALS vs UD!

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Polito

CAA SEMIFINALS vs UD!

Post by Polito »

An old AE throwback tonight folks, this has conference march madness juice all over it to me!

Battle 2 in the colonial war to cut those nets, straight up business trip, want this HU squad fully dialed in, ready to show out and secure the champ game for all the marbles.

Coach 'em on how it's done Speedy!! LET'S GOOOOOO
Wags

Re: CAA SEMIFINALS vs UD!

Post by Wags »

Polito wrote:An old AE throwback tonight folks, this has conference march madness juice all over it to me!

Battle 2 in the colonial war to cut those nets, straight up business trip, want this HU squad fully dialed in, ready to show out and secure the champ game for all the marbles.

3 out of 4 in the semis from the old AE, which has really taken over the tourney the past few years, especially with the old guard of VCU, Mason and ODU gone.

Exact rematch of last year, with Delaware as a No. 5 vs. Hofstra as No. 1. And that one went to OT. Could be just as tough tonight. Regardless, win & advance. Continue to do it with defense. After yesterday, HU is now 15-1 this year when allowing under 70 pts (9-7 when they don't).
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

Wags wrote:
Polito wrote:An old AE throwback tonight folks, this has conference march madness juice all over it to me!

3 out of 4 in the semis from the old AE, which has really taken over the tourney the past few years, especially with the old guard of VCU, Mason and ODU gone.

Exact rematch of last year, with Delaware as a No. 5 vs. Hofstra as No. 1. And that one went to OT. Could be just as tough tonight. Regardless, win & advance. Continue to do it with defense. After yesterday, HU is now 15-1 this year when allowing under 70 pts (9-7 when they don't).
From the start of the season I thought UD could be a factor in the CAA - however through the season our Pride has proven to me they have the talent and experience to win this thing - its our time! Get Her Done Son!
Hof_Judge99

Post by Hof_Judge99 »

Painter has 4 offensive rebounds less than 5 minutes into the game. That can’t continue. Guy just towers over everyone.
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

Silverio and trueheart in and they give up a wide open 3 every possession

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Still we lead by 12 at halftime 40-28
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

stuball888 wrote:Still we lead by 12 at halftime 40-28
I'll take it but the way they shot it should be more. Defense has been fantastic but a lot of second chance points..need to protect the basketball better!!!

cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

Why can't they inbound the ball! Let's go

cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

Reminded me of the Delaware game last year... Exhausting to watch, shouldn't have been as close as it was, but glad they won.

Hof_Judge99

Post by Hof_Judge99 »

We’re off to the CAA title game to (likely) have a rematch with NE. This year we’ll be favored. 40 good minutes, that’s all we need.
Hof_Judge99

Post by Hof_Judge99 »

cactus wrote:Reminded me of the Delaware game last year... Exhausting to watch, shouldn't have been as close as it was, but glad they won.

Have to respectfully disagree with that. Last year’s semifinal was a nail biter OT thriller that we pulled out mainly because their guy stepped out of bounds. This game was really never in doubt in the second half, which to me is a good sign heading into the championship game.
Mikey77

Post by Mikey77 »

One more hill to climb. Hope the boys get lots sleep tonight.
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

Hof_Judge99 wrote:
cactus wrote:Reminded me of the Delaware game last year... Exhausting to watch, shouldn't have been as close as it was, but glad they won.

Have to respectfully disagree with that. Last year’s semifinal was a nail biter OT thriller that we pulled out mainly because their guy stepped out of bounds. This game was really never in doubt in the second half, which to me is a good sign heading into the championship game.
Jeez I didn't feel like the game was in the bag until about 40 seconds left with the turnovers and letting up on defense. Glad you were more relaxed than me I need another drink

Hof_Judge99

Post by Hof_Judge99 »

cactus wrote:
Hof_Judge99 wrote:

Jeez I didn't feel like the game was in the bag until about 40 seconds left with the turnovers and letting up on defense. Glad you were more relaxed than me I need another drink

I mean we had a 22 point lead with 8 minutes left and never had a less than 94% chance of winning from that point on per espn. You expect a little letdown when you build that big of a lead. Last years game was a coinfilp, this year we dominated pretty much the whole way. The reason I bring this up is because I feel we were running out of gas in the semis last year, this year we look strong and poised to do it. We’ll see.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Felt like it was in the bag when we were up by 22 but we went into some kind of stall offense IMO too early and it killed our momentum...plus Delaware had nothing to lose and they attacked and pressed and it flustered us...especially because the damned refs especially the white haired guy refused to call fouls on them...drove us nuts in the stands!

Kind of a shame ne BASICALLY GETS A FREE RIDE TO THE FINALS BUT MAYBE that will make them a bit soft...time to STORM THE COURT!!!!!
Wags

Post by Wags »

HUSID74 wrote:Felt like it was in the bag when we were up by 22 but we went into some kind of stall offense IMO too early and it killed our momentum...plus Delaware had nothing to lose and they attacked and pressed and it flustered us...especially because the damned refs especially the white haired guy refused to call fouls on them...drove us nuts in the stands!
In the first half, that ref said something near me to someone in the front row, across from the HU bench about that person buying Joe a new suit or that Joe could buy a new suit, or something like that, if Hofstra won tonight. lol
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

Personally I never felt that we were losing the game - late in the game I was shaking my head a few times at our in-bounding - but never felt Delaware had the umpf last night to beat us. I was surprise how infrequently Buie had the ball at the end of the game. I thought last night was a big win last night as I believe UD had the man-power to be problematic. Nice game from Coburn, Kante and Ray (we need them to be the same and more tonight); Buie and Pemberton played well (and are going to need their leadership and experience tonight). Nice work Boys - Finish what you started.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Took care of biz in this game just like they needed to. Agree with the others cactus, take a deep breath, take a shot as well :D team giving good vibes IMO

UD really attacked and played very aggressive (much to their credit) frustrating HU at times - HU also made some very sloppy mistakes (half them half the D), and I kept thinking even despite all that, HU was still up - it just felt 'positive'

Whereas in the past a single player had the ability to turn it up, this entire team (starting rotation) can turn up that wick something fierce as needed, and they do. This was really a great W against an old time rival who has a quality program themselves - time to FINISH.