CAA Championship Game Watch Party - Hofstra USA

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Wags

CAA Championship Game Watch Party - Hofstra USA

Post by Wags »

Posted this in the Championship game thread, but just reposting as its own thread to make sure everyone sees it and to see if anyone else is going.

Seems like it's open to all, not just current students. Would anyone know?

https://twitter.com/HUPridePack/status/ ... 0832417793
Jojogunne

Re: CAA Championship Game Watch Party - Hofstra USA

Post by Jojogunne »

The Green Turtle will take anyone's money (as long as it's green).
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

Wags wrote:Posted this in the Championship game thread, but just reposting as its own thread to make sure everyone sees it and to see if anyone else is going.

Seems like it's open to all, not just current students. Would anyone know?

https://twitter.com/HUPridePack/status/ ... 0832417793
The Hofstra USA party is for students. There is alumni one at Green Turtle that you can RSVP to at this link https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... Q/viewform
Wags

Post by Wags »

I actually watched the game here and it was good atmosphere. It was mainly students, but a few others like me. Free pizza, cookies, water and soda for all. The dance team, the mascots, blue, yellow and white balloons, volume turned up loud to hear the game well above the chatter and the students were into it - clapping their hands shouting DE-FENSE chants and other chants, and raising their hands up for HU free throws, all like at a home game in person. It was pretty cool aside from the result. Would've been a great venue for watching the game had HU won. It got kind of loud with cheers during the big run to erase the 18-point deficit to tie it. That's why I went, to get that type of championship game atmosphere. I'm sure everyone there would've acted like they were storming the court, even though it was the Hofstra USA floor.
RIP_HOFUSA

Post by RIP_HOFUSA »

I was taken back by how good the atmosphere was at HOFUSA for this game. I was especially expecting little after the poor student atmosphere at our last home game, with people getting into fights over who’s standing and who’s not. Really contributed to a fun game and I know my friends and I had a great time. Plus I got interviewed afterwards by Long Island 12 Newss (which btw was completely unexpected but fantastic that they were there)

For real though whoever organized that was really smart, free food, and free giveaways? For college students? Yea we’re there all the time.

I just wish I had won one of those hoodies they were giving out for trivia, I knew all the answers they just never called on me till the end....ah well. There’s always next year I suppose!
Polito

Post by Polito »

Great to hear about this environment! I was at the Green Turtle, hung with some athletic dept staff and other coaches, was a lot of fun, and there were a lot of HU fans in the place - was on every screen, got spirited for every good play

I'm also really happy and proud to see all the support the team has received despite this loss. Hopefully this season expanded the minds and interest of students, faculty, community members, alumni, fans, locals, etc. - HU nation has repped itself extremely well all year long (yeah yeah except me at times, I know lol).

Gotta learn to finish JM. Gotta learn to finish. This aint Niagara in the MAAC. Please figure it out, neither of us are getting any younger.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

AmazingLY enough, two of Hofstra's top administrators attended the games in Charleston. Hofstra's chief legal officer and the head of facilities....too lazy to look up their names but they sat right in front of me and they were fully engaged....GREAT TO SEE!
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

HUSID74 wrote:AmazingLY enough, two of Hofstra's top administrators attended the games in Charleston. Hofstra's chief legal officer and the head of facilities....too lazy to look up their names but they sat right in front of me and they were fully engaged....GREAT TO SEE!
Can we hope the chief legal officer liked what they saw and will help bring Taylor back for another year?
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

HofstraMathew wrote:
HUSID74 wrote:AmazingLY enough, two of Hofstra's top administrators attended the games in Charleston. Hofstra's chief legal officer and the head of facilities....too lazy to look up their names but they sat right in front of me and they were fully engaged....GREAT TO SEE!
Can we hope the chief legal officer liked what they saw and will help bring Taylor back for another year?
Yeah Lord knows we need him back!
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

HofstraMathew wrote:
Maybe that's why she was there!!! LOL Asked Jacquil Wednesday on the plane if he was planning on coming back and he was pretty non-committal although he did not rule it out. Told him we would love to have him back and he smiled.
HofstraMathew

Post by HofstraMathew »

HUSID74 wrote:
HofstraMathew wrote:
Maybe that's why she was there!!! LOL Asked Jacquil Wednesday on the plane if he was planning on coming back and he was pretty non-committal although he did not rule it out. Told him we would love to have him back and he smiled.
I will take non committal over a flat out no.