CAA Championship. Whos going ?

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
budman

CAA Championship. Whos going ?

Post by budman »

I booked my room in Baltimore at the Sheraton Inner Harbor Hotel. Only $77 a night 4 star hotel on hot wire. It is less than a mile from the arena.
stuball888

Re: CAA Championship. Whos going ?

Post by stuball888 »

I am looking to go also just clearing my work schedule. Hopefully it is sat sunday and Monday night.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Planning on going...at least for the weekend.
Dooku25

Post by Dooku25 »

Cactus and I plan on going that Sunday and hoping to stay for Monday!
doug

Post by doug »

I'm going with my son. Should be a good time.
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

I will be there. Last year was a good time, its not Richmond, but its a lot of fun.

Not much to do besides the basketball though. The Inner Harbor closes early, and its not the greatest of neighborhoods.

We stayed at the Marriott last year, will probably do the same this year.
Flying Dutchmen

Post by Flying Dutchmen »

I'm in with "Hofstra" et al. Should be a good turnout, hopefully the school can get multiple busloads of students down as well.
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

Dooku25 wrote:Cactus and I plan on going that Sunday and hoping to stay for Monday!
Was toying with the same idea...
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

stuball888 wrote: I am looking to go also just clearing my work schedule. Hopefully it is sat sunday and Monday night.
It's Friday March 6 through Monday March 9. http://caasports.com/sports/2014/9/26/1 ... aspx?id=48& has the game times for each seed.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Evan friday are the lower seed games. Hopefully we are in the top 4 and dont have to play friday.
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

Dooku25 wrote:Cactus and I plan on going that Sunday and hoping to stay for Monday!
we are?
hualum

Post by hualum »

i plan on going with my 2 kids. . .
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

stuball888 wrote: Evan friday are the lower seed games. Hopefully we are in the top 4 and dont have to play friday.
I know we may not have to play Friday, but if somebody asks when the CAA Tournament starts Friday is the answer. Also in order to avoid playing Friday you just need to be in the top 6, not the top 4. The top 4 was necessary when the CAA had 12 teams. I don't know if there's a big difference between the 1 and 2 seeds, but there's a difference between the 2 and 3 seeds because the top 2 teams play on Saturday against teams who played on Friday, whereas teams 3 through 6 all start against each other on Saturday.
Dooku25

Post by Dooku25 »

cactus wrote:
we are?
What's the matter Cactus? Your wife is giving you a problem about going? :lol:
Polito

Post by Polito »

HU had better do a GREAT job of organizing the student support - there is NO excuse when your team is one of the top in the conf with a legit shot at the title and the dance, and it's a whole 5 hrs down the road

I'm expecting them to provide a great trip for the students and pack it out with busloads
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

Dooku25 wrote:
cactus wrote:
we are?
What's the matter Cactus? Your wife is giving you a problem about going? :lol:
considering you call yourself a semi-pro goalie in your twitter bio, you probably want to leave the weekend of the hockey finals open.
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

Just wanted to revisit this thread.

I have spoken to a bunch of friends (alumni) who used to go down to Richmond with me as students. This year we are going to be rolling 9 deep to Baltimore. Should be a great time. Flying Dutchmen and myself went last year, but this year just has a different feel to it.

I was thinking if anyone was interested, maybe we can all do a meet up at a bar one night. Saturday Night after the games? I am also a big Jets fan and do a bunch of road trips for them, so when I was in Baltimore a few years back, we went to this bar called "No Idea". It is owned by a Jets fan and former New Yorker. It is in Federal Hill. .It's a decent walk, but an easy cab ride, shouldn't be more than 5-7 bucks. We went last year after our win, so I was thinking maybe we can go again. If you guys have any interest, let me know. If not, its all good, just wanted to pass this along. Hopefully that Saturday we can all celebrate a win.

We are staying at the Residence Inn, which is a short walk to the arena.

Hope to get a great crowd for Hofstra this year.

#RollPride
Polito

Post by Polito »

HU best get some alternate strategies in place to win games when they're not shooting well or they won't be in the champ game
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

Polito wrote:HU best get some alternate strategies in place to win games when they're not shooting well or they won't be in the champ game
It's not just the settling for jumpers even when they are not shooting well, it's the defense as well. They regularly give up way too many open shots.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Like I said, the way they're playing no one will need to worry about Monday night.

This team needs to shape up to make ANY postseason.