MBB Recruits 2018

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
joeg1

Re: MBB Recruits 2018

Post by joeg1 »

triplec2195 wrote:Like most grad transfers, finding a program that gives them a chance to play in the NCAA Tournament and puts them on the radar at the pro level seem to be important factors for Olujobi. Rutgers does offer a chance for him to be a impact player next season on the Big Ten stage, which could boost his pro stock immensely. St. John’s reportedly visited with the big man this week, but NY Post reporter Zach Braziller seems to think they aren’t in the race for his services any longer. It will be interesting to see where Olujobi ultimately lands and give Rutgers credit for pursuing him. Steve Pikiell told me last week that the offense would be different next season with a renewed focus on interior scoring, something Olujobi would help quite a bit with.(quote)

Where does the rumor info. come from about this kid narrowing his choices down to Iona and Hofstra? Is this info. credible? He originally signed with Oakland where he didn't get playing time and transferred to NCA&T MEACC A WEAK CONFERENCE. At Hofstra he will be close to home and will be assured of a lot of playing time. This hopefully will put us over the top. Hopefully!!
He's visiting this weekend

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Make sure he watches the Softball game. Great atmosphere and only a few step away from the Mack
Cards

Post by Cards »

Cmon JM and staff (and maybe players) - seal the deal.
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

joeg1 wrote:
triplec2195 wrote:Like most grad transfers, finding a program that gives them a chance to play in the NCAA Tournament and puts them on the radar at the pro level seem to be important factors for Olujobi. Rutgers does offer a chance for him to be a impact player next season on the Big Ten stage, which could boost his pro stock immensely. St. John’s reportedly visited with the big man this week, but NY Post reporter Zach Braziller seems to think they aren’t in the race for his services any longer. It will be interesting to see where Olujobi ultimately lands and give Rutgers credit for pursuing him. Steve Pikiell told me last week that the offense would be different next season with a renewed focus on interior scoring, something Olujobi would help quite a bit with.(quote)

Where does the rumor info. come from about this kid narrowing his choices down to Iona and Hofstra? Is this info. credible? He originally signed with Oakland where he didn't get playing time and transferred to NCA&T MEACC A WEAK CONFERENCE. At Hofstra he will be close to home and will be assured of a lot of playing time. This hopefully will put us over the top. Hopefully!!
He's visiting this weekend

Of course, this may not be credible either
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

This kid would be a big get(no pun intended). A kid who will(can) score more then ROK, block shots, has an outside game and actually shoots free throws. The only down side is he will get less rebounds then ROK if that's considered a negative. I think it's time for us to seal the deal on this kid. Hoping!!
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

I know the name Michael Forrest was mentioned somewhere in this thread and that he was visiting us recently but he went elsewhere yesterday! Also another SG that we were recruiting..
4/19/2018 - 2018 PG Michael Forrest (6-1, 165, 2★) committed to Florida Atlantic.
4/19/2018 - 2018 SG Jeremiah Saunders (6-2, 175, 2★) committed to Southeastern Louisiana.
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

triplec2195 wrote:I know the name Michael Forrest was mentioned somewhere in this thread and that he was visiting us recently but he went elsewhere yesterday! Also another SG that we were recruiting..
4/19/2018 - 2018 PG Michael Forrest (6-1, 165, 2★) committed to Florida Atlantic.
4/19/2018 - 2018 SG Jeremiah Saunders (6-2, 175, 2★) committed to Southeastern Louisiana.
Several bigs to be visiting in the days ahead. Stay tuned...

stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Patience. We got Rok in May. We have until July 28th when that student must be registered for classes for the fall semester
Cards

Post by Cards »

joeg1 wrote:Several bigs to be visiting in the days ahead. Stay tuned...
That's good news Joeg1. Maybe after the weekend you can share some names?
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Cards wrote:
joeg1 wrote:Several bigs to be visiting in the days ahead. Stay tuned...
That's good news Joeg1. Maybe after the weekend you can share some names?
Yeah joeg let us in on the names so we can have some Rays of Hope. We all should be privy to this info. Lol
DCDUTCH

Post by DCDUTCH »

2018 SG Dominick Welch (6-4, 180, 3★) | Position Rank: 33 committed to St. Bonaventure

2018 PG Jamarius Burton (6-5, 195, 2★) committed to Wichita State
garyg

Post by garyg »

Does anyone know for sure if we have any recruits visiting this weekend ???
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

College Court Report
‏@CC_Report

Femi Olujobi (@Floading_), who is one of the top transfers this offseason, has announced his final four:

Hofstra, DePaul, Georgetown and Butler.

Talented forward would be a nice addition for any of those four programs!

https://twitter.com/CC_Report/status/987772614889295872
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

ProudofPride wrote:College Court Report
‏@CC_Report

Femi Olujobi (@Floading_), who is one of the top transfers this offseason, has announced his final four:

Hofstra, DePaul, Georgetown and Butler.

Talented forward would be a nice addition for any of those four programs!

https://twitter.com/CC_Report/status/987772614889295872
Well that's tough competition for us I guess schools started coming out as the word spread and lining up for him but we are the only local school and maybe the school where he's going to be guaranteed significant minutes. Here he'll be playing in front of family and friends. He played I believe 32 minutes a game at NCAT&T. As crazy as it may sound we may be the school that he has the best chance to be in the postseason with as Georgetown and Depaul got beat up in the big east with the exception being Butler. Butler could be the team to beat out here. WE have been in this position before this year hopefully we come out on top with this kid! He could really put us over the top for the coming year considering the team we have returning.
garyg

Post by garyg »

Based on list of schools Hofstra does not have a chance...Hofstra included on list as a hometown courtesy...go ahead JAM, make me a believer and earn that contract extension
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

garyg wrote:Based on list of schools Hofstra does not have a chance...Hofstra included on list as a hometown courtesy...go ahead JAM, make me a believer and earn that contract extension
Not so fast Gary and of course on the face of it once again we're the underdogs but we may be holding the trump card being in his backyard let's hope that counts for something. Does he want to play in the Big East maybe not getting the same minutes or playing for us and getting a lot of minutes with the chance of winning the conference. He could make us certainly one of the favorites to win this next year so let's roll the dice and see what happens!
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

garyg wrote:Based on list of schools Hofstra does not have a chance...Hofstra included on list as a hometown courtesy...go ahead JAM, make me a believer and earn that contract extension
that is some tough competition we are up against - I hope we can get it done. we need it!
Cards

Post by Cards »

triplec2195 wrote:Not so fast Gary and of course on the face of it once again we're the underdogs but we may be holding the trump card being in his backyard let's hope that counts for something. Does he want to play in the Big East maybe not getting the same minutes or playing for us and getting a lot of minutes with the chance of winning the conference. He could make us certainly one of the favorites to win this next year so let's roll the dice and see what happens!
Don't know if the playing time argument is a strong one. If you glance at the rosters of the other teams in the running, you see that clearly they are in the same boat as us. They, like HU has a lack of depth at the 4/5. Looking at Georgetown, I would think that Femi would start at the 4 with Govan at the 5.

That being said, I hope you're right and the hometown advantage is a difference maker for us.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Cards wrote:
triplec2195 wrote:Not so fast Gary and of course on the face of it once again we're the underdogs but we may be holding the trump card being in his backyard let's hope that counts for something. Does he want to play in the Big East maybe not getting the same minutes or playing for us and getting a lot of minutes with the chance of winning the conference. He could make us certainly one of the favorites to win this next year so let's roll the dice and see what happens!
Don't know if the playing time argument is a strong one. If you glance at the rosters of the other teams in the running, you see that clearly they are in the same boat as us. They, like HU has a lack of depth at the 4/5. Looking at Georgetown, I would think that Femi would start at the 4 with Govan at the 5.

That being said, I hope you're right and the hometown advantage is a difference maker for us.
When I look at the records in the Big East last year of both GU 5-13 and DePaul 4-14 DO EITHER ONE OF THESE TEAMS have realistic expectations to make the NCAAT? Butler 9-9 WAS 21-9 overall and played Purdue in the tourney. This kid wants to play in the NCAAT before his career is over so does he have a better chance with us or playing for Butler. The competition in the CAA might be more on par with what he was used to playing for NC A&T so where does he go. He clearly would solidify our roster and possibly make us the team to beat in the CAA and at the same time be playing close to home in front of family and friends. It will be interesting to see as to what set of scenarios will determine his decision.
Cards

Post by Cards »

All good points triplec. We'll keep our fingers crossed.

Here's an off topic question - my daughter just committed to attending Villanova and we were at the campus on Saturday for accepted students day. I was chatting with one of the students who closely follows MBB and we chatted about HU and Nova, Jay Wright, etc. He was certain that the game last season against Nova was the first half of a 2-year home and home deal. Of course, that would be awesome if we played them again this upcoming season. Does anyone have any info on this??