MBB Recruits 2018

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
stuball888

Re: MBB Recruits 2018

Post by stuball888 »

He is from Garden City CC Kansas. That is usually a good lacrosse and football JUCO college. I was wrong on rebounding but did lead JUCO in block shots he avg 15 minutes a game. Probably doesn’t have much of an offensive game but is very athletic. It’s a nice fit for SBU who has a 7footer already on the roster
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

I'm seeing just today that within the last 5 hours both Zane Martin and Justin Gorham are transferring from Towson. Martin led them in scoring and is a very good basketball player as is Gorham. What's going on with Skerry sounds like a fire sale!!
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Cards wrote:
joeg1 wrote:I hear we are in the running for Femi Olujobi, a grad transfer from NC A&T . From Brentwood 6-8 220, 16&7 last yr. Played in LI finals at the Mack a few yrs back.
Bring the man back home!!!!

Would be an awesome pickup. Could play a really strong 4 with an outside game or could play the 5 if needed. Scoring, boards, and experience.

I understand that there are dozens of schools interested, but being a LI school must carry some weight. Cmon Joe, this could be a great addition. highlights below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu5Gr33XeGg&t=14s
This kid was the leading scorer on this team at 16.4 and also got 7.8 boards a game, shoots free throws at 77.3% imagine that. He could be a plus even if he's a one year rental!
ZMAN3

Post by ZMAN3 »

Very impressive tape - this kid can actually play - need to get him!
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Agree with what has been said about this kid Olujobi almost a Star Wars sounding name. After watching the clip on him he's a versatile player and might have more offensive upside then Rok and can rebound. He shoots the three at 29% so he's not a great 3 pt. shooter but can shoot from the foul line. Although what's posted is what they want everyone to see his numbers speak for themselves. Let's sign this local kid we should have an advantage over everyone else being in his backyard. Let THE FORCE BE WITH US HOPEFULLY!!
garyg

Post by garyg »

Hey SID....any encouraging news on the recruiting front ???
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

garyg wrote:Hey SID....any encouraging news on the recruiting front ???
This is such a slow and deliberate process it's major frustrating. Every time I look on the transfers list there's another 20 + kids on it. There's another kid from Towson transferring a freshman Jeff Prophete and I see four kids from Morgan State who must have gotten together and all decided to transfer! What is taking us so long to seal the deal? Do we go thru a rigorous vetting process or is it just over the top competition?? Grades?
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

They are looking first for an upperclassman who they can plug into the 5 slot. It has to be the Wright fit. We have until July 28th to seal the deal. Didn’t we get Rok in May when he signed with us. Be patient
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Bill and Mary just picked up a seven foot tall transfer from Wisconsin...the plot thickens.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

The beat continues to go on 4/17/2018 - JUCO C Tony Lewis (6-9, 260, 2★) committed to Texas A&M–Corpus Christi!
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

HUSID74 wrote:Bill and Mary just picked up a seven foot tall transfer from Wisconsin...the plot thickens.
Yeah but this kid appears to be a tree getting 1.4 points a game in 7 minutes playing time. In the Colonial however he could do much better than that!
bobe13

Post by bobe13 »

I have not kept up with the boards but have we signed any bigs as yet? 29 pages on

recruits. When does the new AD start?
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

No bigs yet.
The new AD was allowed to start right after Rabinowitz extended Mihalich. :)
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

cactus wrote:No bigs yet.
The new AD was allowed to start right after Rabinowitz extended Mihalich. :)
Yes, we've signed a 6-10 kid Hughes from Australia. True freshman, looks like he'll need some seasoning.
Cards

Post by Cards »

triplec2195 wrote:
Cards wrote:
joeg1 wrote:I hear we are in the running for Femi Olujobi, a grad transfer from NC A&T . From Brentwood 6-8 220, 16&7 last yr. Played in LI finals at the Mack a few yrs back.
Bring the man back home!!!!

Would be an awesome pickup. Could play a really strong 4 with an outside game or could play the 5 if needed. Scoring, boards, and experience.

I understand that there are dozens of schools interested, but being a LI school must carry some weight. Cmon Joe, this could be a great addition. highlights below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu5Gr33XeGg&t=14s
This kid was the leading scorer on this team at 16.4 and also got 7.8 boards a game, shoots free throws at 77.3% imagine that. He could be a plus even if he's a one year rental!
Rumors that it is between HU and Iona, however, just read that St. Johns is in the running and Olujobi has been visited by StJ staff. They are looking for an experienced PF that can be plugged right in and produce. Sounds familiar :shock: :lol:
DCDUTCH

Post by DCDUTCH »

4/17/2018 - JUCO PF Rob Howard, Jr. (6-8, 225, 2★) committed to UIC. - Per Link
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

DCDUTCH wrote:4/17/2018 - JUCO PF Rob Howard, Jr. (6-8, 225, 2★) committed to UIC. - Per Link
Just saw this it would be nice to go on V/C and for once see we have signed a 5 who's going to impact us immediately!!
Cards

Post by Cards »

This kid was the leading scorer on this team at 16.4 and also got 7.8 boards a game, shoots free throws at 77.3% imagine that. He could be a plus even if he's a one year rental![/quote]

Rumors that it is between HU and Iona, however, just read that St. Johns is in the running and Olujobi has been visited by StJ staff. They are looking for an experienced PF that can be plugged right in and produce. Sounds familiar :shock: :lol:[/quote][/quote]

Latest on Femi Olujobi:
While there haven’t been any other grad transfer names reported that Rutgers is pursuing, there are likely several others they are in contact with. One name I’ve heard that Rutgers is pursuing per a source is 6’8” forward Femi Olujobi, who is from Long Island, New York and is transferring from North Carolina A&T. He originally played two seasons at Oakland, before sitting out the 2016-2017 season after transferring to the MEAC school. Olujobi led North Carolina A&T in minutes played, scoring, rebounding, and blocks this past season. He averaged 16.3 points, 7.7 rebounds, 1.2 assists, and 0.7 blocks in 31.9 minutes per game. Olujobi told the Greensboro News & Record a couple of weeks ago that over 50 programs reached out to him once he announced he was transferring. Here is what he had to say about playing near home:
“Being home isn’t a factor, but don’t get me wrong, it would be a plus to go back and play in front of my family or somewhere close,” he said. “I’m not really factoring that into my recruitment too much; I’m just looking for a place that I can fit within the system to be really good.”

Like most grad transfers, finding a program that gives them a chance to play in the NCAA Tournament and puts them on the radar at the pro level seem to be important factors for Olujobi. Rutgers does offer a chance for him to be a impact player next season on the Big Ten stage, which could boost his pro stock immensely. St. John’s reportedly visited with the big man this week, but NY Post reporter Zach Braziller seems to think they aren’t in the race for his services any longer. It will be interesting to see where Olujobi ultimately lands and give Rutgers credit for pursuing him. Steve Pikiell told me last week that the offense would be different next season with a renewed focus on interior scoring, something Olujobi would help quite a bit with.
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

Juco big man Jahnathan Maxwell commits to Iona...we were in the hunt, but it may free up Olujobi, so we'll see.
triplec2195

Post by triplec2195 »

Like most grad transfers, finding a program that gives them a chance to play in the NCAA Tournament and puts them on the radar at the pro level seem to be important factors for Olujobi. Rutgers does offer a chance for him to be a impact player next season on the Big Ten stage, which could boost his pro stock immensely. St. John’s reportedly visited with the big man this week, but NY Post reporter Zach Braziller seems to think they aren’t in the race for his services any longer. It will be interesting to see where Olujobi ultimately lands and give Rutgers credit for pursuing him. Steve Pikiell told me last week that the offense would be different next season with a renewed focus on interior scoring, something Olujobi would help quite a bit with.(quote)

Where does the rumor info. come from about this kid narrowing his choices down to Iona and Hofstra? Is this info. credible? He originally signed with Oakland where he didn't get playing time and transferred to NCA&T MEACC A WEAK CONFERENCE. At Hofstra he will be close to home and will be assured of a lot of playing time. This hopefully will put us over the top. Hopefully!!