LIU game at Barclays Center

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
stuball888

LIU game at Barclays Center

Post by stuball888 »

I am trying to organize a trip to the Barclays center for the LIU game on Dec28th which is a Sunday. Game starts at 230PM. I know that Budman is going. He lives in Queens and is driving in. However if I dont go with Budman and leave from Long Island, here is my idea. We would all meet in Merrick around noon for drinks at the Savoy Grill(half price drinks) by the train station. Get on the 1PM train and get to the Barclay center around 2pm. I think round trip is $16. We have a choice of section 23 which is $40 or section 22 which is $23. Section 23 is around the foul line while section 22 is at the corner of the court. So who wants to go?
doug

Re: LIU game at Barclays Center

Post by doug »

Hey Stu,
My son Jordan and I are going to the game. I paid for my tickets when I paid for my season tickets. I haven't got them yet, I guess I should call the ticket office. I would like to join you and your group, but we are way out in Suffolk and it's easier to jump on the LIRR out at the Ronkonkoma station. I will be looking for you though.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

I want to go, but I can't. My family is having a party that got postponed from the 21st to the 28th because people (not me) are going to see the Jets on the 21st.

I live in Merrick. I don't drive and when I attended Hofstra sometimes I took the public bus home that dropped me off at the train station.

Edit: My mom gave me permission to skip the party.

Edit: I don't remember it, but the Student Section at the Mack Sports Complex stands up the whole time. If the people in front of me will be standing the whole game then I won't go.

http://lirr42.mta.info/schedules.php says there's a train that leaves Merrick at 12:54 P.M. and arrives at Jamaica at 1:20 P.M. After changing trains, you get to the stop by the Barclays Center at 1:41 P.M. How long will it take to get through security and get to our seats? http://web.mta.info/lirr/about/TicketIn ... s03-13.htm says the train fare is $9 one way with no mention of discounts for two way trips.

Edit: Going home, there are trains leaving Atlantic Terminal at 4:43 P.M. and 5:13 P.M. I don't know if we can get out of the Barclays Center in time for a 4:43 P.M. train, which would let us get on a train that is at Jamaica from 5:20 P.M. to 5:22 P.M. and gets to Merrick at 5:47 P.M. The 5:13 P.M. train would let us get on a train that is at Jamaica from 5:48 P.M. to 5:50 P.M. and gets to Merrick at 6:15 P.M.
Polito

Post by Polito »

I will be there, but treating my uncle as a birthday present - cool game for us to get some fam time in and see the center for the first time 8-)

happy to see you guys inside the arena, just won't be able to do the whole pre-game thing
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

I'm not going to go unless somebody other than stuball888 and me says they will make the trip. The $40 or $23 tickets are much more expensive than what Hofstra charges.
Polito

Post by Polito »

that's because it includes all 3 games of the day - had to do the same for me and my uncle

not interested in other games, but hey, it's a cool day and cool venue - should be fun!
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Polito wrote: that's because it includes all 3 games of the day - had to do the same for me and my uncle
I discovered that after I posted. Anyway, I plan on going to see Hofstra twice this season (first on January 24) which is what I average.