Tiffany (?) from the HU Streaming Broadcast

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Polito

Tiffany (?) from the HU Streaming Broadcast

Post by Polito »

Believe that is her name, young lady deserves a shout out for doing a fantastic job calling the MC game. She was on point, accurate, truthful, unafraid to address the glaring issues while still maintaining a positive supportive HU tone.

I was impressed - sounds like she's got a good handle on the game and this program. Hope she is on every game broadcast from here on out!
stuball888

Re: Tiffany (?) from the HU Streaming Broadcast

Post by stuball888 »

Ditto she knows the game.
Polito

Post by Polito »

This young lady crushed it again - best announcer in all of HU hoops broadcasting - keep her on the mic!!!
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Her name is Tiffany Vellis.

My two favorite NCAA teams each had a woman broadcast their most recent game. Beth Mowins was the play-by-play announcer for Florida State at Syracuse on Saturday. I like Florida State.
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

We should start a Tiffany Vellis Fan Club. In a short time, Tiffany has already become one of the best announcer WRHU has ever produced. I post this knowing that there are WRHU alums on WOR, WCBS, etc.
Cards

Post by Cards »

I am on the Tiffany band wagon -- she really knows the game!
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

If anyone wants to directly tell her how great she's doing, here's her Twitter.
https://mobile.twitter.com/tiffany_vellis
Polito

Post by Polito »

I actually don't have Twitter, but hoping someone here does - she needs to know she's getting love, tweet her about this board

Hoping to hear her again today for Vermont...and for every game all season. Been a super addition to the broadcast team, one of the best I have ever heard for HU.

ROLLPRIDE
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

I grew up listening to many pro games on the radio. Bob Murphy, in particular. So when I listen to a broadcast of a game, generally I'll notice the opposite - not that someone is doing a professional job, but that they're unprepared, their timing is off, you can notice them rooting for a team in their tone/excitement levels, etc. The HU broadcast team's performance might have gone unnoticed to me until I saw this thread, when I realized I can't remember thinking any of those things once during the entire last game they did. So job well done not just to Tiffany who was seamless but the entire team as well.
Andersjorstad

Post by Andersjorstad »

Current WRHU'er here, passed this message board on to her! Can confirm she's a great broadcaster and spectacular to work with.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Thanks!

She crushed it again today for the SD game. Tiffany, if you read this, you can rock a hoops game young lady, keep up the great work.

And you're right cactus, the gentlemen calling with her has been great - they are a really strong combo. Looking forward to this tandem all year long - has to be the best in college radio.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

I have been late to post this year but was excited to get on here and write about how impressed I have been with this broadcasting team. They are really good.