MBB recruits 2017

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Dooku25

Re: MBB recruits 2017

Post by Dooku25 »

He scored 20+ pts several times last season including 22 and 24 pts in semifinal and championship game..

Couldn't find anything on offers which makes me a little skeptical about this recruit but I'll admit he looks talented on videos so hopefully they found something here.
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

He scored 24 points in the Dicks Invitational Tourney?

Per the website, he didn't even play in the game..

https://basketball.exposureevents.com/8 ... ve/3160265
Dooku25

Post by Dooku25 »

This was the tournament he played in:

http://mvasports.com/news/2017/3/20/cbd ... .aspx?path
bobe13

Post by bobe13 »

Can't find any info on this kid other than he is 6'6 and undecided.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

He's 6-7 and he decided...Hofstra
joeg1

Post by joeg1 »

garyg wrote:Only announcement made so far was for Wormsley...wonder what they are waiting for on other three ???
Were you able to find the answer to this yet?
Polito

Post by Polito »

Interestingly enough, I am not overly concerned about this one - I think Radovic is actually a very nice find, and he's a 4 yr guy, so he can and should continue to develop and grow. And I see no height issue, he is listed as 6'7 on every single credible site. Not a concern, size is fine.

No he did not start for Mont, but he did play, and he has skill. That tourney Dooku found is legit, top talent, and he played well. He has learned from one of the best coaches in the country in one of the top programs year in and out, played with and against legit 5 star high P5 talent. He's a stretch 4, plays both ends, and is a good student/citizen by all accounts. Granted we are def speculating a bit here if we are being honest, so I would've preferred they land someone who was a more 'known commodity' much earlier in the process - but by all accounts this looks to be a strong get.

I am more concerned about ST being ready to start, as he should be, and Angus being 100% healthy to support that role. Or vice versa. Don't care, just expect 1 to be CAA starter-level. If those things are in place, that position could be nasty and a huge boost to this season rather than a liability. Big if, but that's where we are.

Looking forward to seeing what that position brings to the table this season. Last year was a disaster, so this should be a very significant uptick, which can help lead to a lot more W's.
garyg

Post by garyg »

HUSID80 wrote:He's 6-7 and he decided...Hofstra
HUSID80...how high is the coaching staff on this one ??
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

The staff is very high on him. I was told that he is a more athletic Denton Koon...he also will be in our program for four years which is HUGE. His pedigree, coming from Monteverde is also HUGE...much like Rokus coming from Oak Hill. These kids have played top flight competition...many players they go against go to Big Five schools...another big factor.
garyg

Post by garyg »

HUSID80 wrote:The staff is very high on him. I was told that he is a more athletic Denton Koon...he also will be in our program for four years which is HUGE. His pedigree, coming from Monteverde is also HUGE...much like Rokus coming from Oak Hill. These kids have played top flight competition...many players they go against go to Big Five schools...another big factor.
Sounds very good, thanks !!!
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

That's good news right there. How did he slip so far that no one picked up on him
garyg

Post by garyg »

stuball888 wrote:That's good news right there. How did he slip so far that no one picked up on him
Hopefully he is a legitimate sleeper Stu....
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Announcement on Angus and Radovic, and it confirms that Ray is a part of the pride next year. Still no official signing announcement on him though, which is weird.
http://gohofstra.com/news/2017/6/6/mens ... s-iii.aspx
Last edited by ProudofPride on Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobe13

Post by bobe13 »

DCDUTCH

Post by DCDUTCH »

Very suspicious Ray hasn't signed his letter of intent "yet".

ProudofPride wrote:Announcement on Angus and Radovic, and it confirms that Ray is a part of the pride next year. Still no official signing announcement on him though, which is weird.
http://gohofstra.com/news/2017/6/6/mens ... s-iii.aspx
Cards

Post by Cards »

Looks like roster is generally set. maybe changes in walk-ons (new or departures).

Keeping in the back of my mind a statement that HUSID80 made a few weeks ago - that maybe we are not done yet and may be looking to grab a transfer (who has to sit this year). Maybe a 5 (knowing we have a mass exodus next year). I know we have no "ships" left, but HUSID has the inside track and seems to know some things the rest of us don't (and that's OK).

I really like that we have a 6-8" and 6'7" (ST and MR) for the next four years. If these guys pan out the way we hope....look out!
garyg

Post by garyg »

I am anxious to see ST get on the court to see what he brings to the table
Captain

Post by Captain »

So if one or 2 current players should exit,(which might still happen) what positions should be addressed either for this season or next?
Would the team play with 11 schollies next year and have some redshirts? Remember any player(s) that might move this year would probably be marginal players this season if they stay. With Rok, Sabety, Trueheart. Angus up front and Pemba, Radovic maybe Greer/Robinson at the 3, and JWF, and Ray at the 2 and Buie, and Wormley at the point would you want another active scholly and one redshirt or 2 redshirts to load up for next year? What would you do if you were the coach? I invite you all to weigh in now because you never know...
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

Captain wrote:So if one or 2 current players should exit,(which might still happen) what positions should be addressed either for this season or next?
Would the team play with 11 schollies next year and have some redshirts? Remember any player(s) that might move this year would probably be marginal players this season if they stay. With Rok, Sabety, Trueheart. Angus up front and Pemba, Radovic maybe Greer/Robinson at the 3, and JWF, and Ray at the 2 and Buie, and Wormley at the point would you want another active scholly and one redshirt or 2 redshirts to load up for next year? What would you do if you were the coach? I invite you all to weigh in now because you never know...
If all of the players we know are on the roster come opening day - I'd say this a rather balanced HU roster - with a backup at each position.
IF there was a redshirt - again, assuming no one leaves - my logical thought would be Radovic - youngest player a the deepest position - the "3".
If Walker possessed any confidence in the coaching staff - I wouldn't mind him redshirting, but can not see that happening. He isn't going to get any PT behind Roc and Sabety, we are going to need an experienced big in 2018-19.
If anyone was to leave - my guesses would be (in no order) Greer, Walker or Robinson.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

None of the new guys will redshirt...I know we are still looking for a 4 or 5 to sit out for next season...Most coaches like to keep one scholarship open just in case...you can all do the math