Game 17 at Towson

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Hofstra

Re: Game 17 at Towson

Post by Hofstra »

Jalen EFFFFFIN Ray.. Great win.. Combined with the electricity from Justin Wright-Foreman.. BOOOOOM..

I still believe what I said earlier in the week, but helluva win..
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

Wow! So much going against us, and we pull it off. Have we all mentioned enough times that JWF is insane‽ And Jalen Ray has now been the hero twice at the buzzer!
Cards

Post by Cards »

Can we win any other way??? a win is a win is a win.

Ugly game thought. I'm on my fourth heart attack with this team!
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

WOW!!!!!HUGE WIN!!!!! DESPITE THE REFS FORMAN AND RAY COME UP HUGE!
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

this team is nuts.

last 4 possessions:
wright foreman turnover in double team
pemberton turnover trying to drive into traffic
wright foreman big 3 individual effort
ray last second 3 after rushing up court

they win these games on individual talent alone. joe doesn't even call plays during the time outs he just yells at the refs
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

ProudofPride wrote:Wow! So much going against us, and we pull it off. Have we all mentioned enough times that JWF is insane‽ And Jalen Ray has now been the hero twice at the buzzer!
JFW - "Really Insane"
JR - "Little Insane"
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Refs made it ugly. They were horrible!
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

cactus wrote:this team is nuts.

last 4 possessions:
wright foreman turnover in double team
pemberton turnover trying to drive into traffic
wright foreman big 3 individual effort
ray last second 3 after rushing up court

they win these games on individual talent alone. joe doesn't even call plays during the time outs he just yells at the refs
Stop with Joe...the refs deserved to be yelled at...he brought the players in and runs the program that won the game...ENOUGH ALREADY!
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

The NCAA already tweeted Ray's shot. This team has gotten some incredible publicity this year, and this play could very well land us on ESPN for a third time.

https://twitter.com/marchmadness/status ... 1052867584
Mike34

Post by Mike34 »

Sabety with the key rebound and Ray with the 3!!!! JWF - insane as usual.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

HUSID74 wrote:Refs made it ugly. They were horrible!
we deserve 2 W's - 1 for beating Towson and the for beating the refs
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

Mike34 wrote:Sabety with the key rebound and Ray with the 3!!!! JWF - insane as usual.
Mr. Sabety back on the boards.. If Mike34 makes a post without a Hunter mention, does Mike34 actually post at all?
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Toss a coin heads we win tails we lose. Put the ball in your best players hand at the end of the game and let him make the "Wright" decision.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Give him a break. We won and thats all that matters
Mike34

Post by Mike34 »

Hofstra - well they called him Gustys in the video, so I found it courtesy to give him some props for that. Would we have gotten the ball for that game winning play if Sabety did not get that rebound??

P.S. - you are a comedian. great work.
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

Mike34 wrote:Hofstra - well they called him Gustys in the video, so I found it courtesy to give him some props for that. Would we have gotten the ball for that game winning play if Sabety did not get that rebound??

P.S. - you are a comedian. great work.
I do try.. Great game tonight.
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

HUSID74 wrote:
cactus wrote:they win these games on individual talent alone. joe doesn't even call plays during the time outs he just yells at the refs
Stop with Joe...the refs deserved to be yelled at...he brought the players in and runs the program that won the game...ENOUGH ALREADY!
it's not the best put together team but i think they're the most talented team in the conference. i certainly give him credit for that.

i realize wright foreman was hot and the refs were terrible but it would be nice to run something other than give to wright foreman and let him figure it out...guys trying to do too much led to those turnovers, but great individual effort helped them pull out the win...at least they played man down the stretch because their zone defense is unspeakably bad
Dooku25

Post by Dooku25 »

I never miss an opportunity to knock the refs. They sucked big time. Seemed like they had $$ on Towson.. Between the officiating and our poor play I was wondering to myself why I bother staying with these games. And then the last few minutes happens. Just wow.

What a performance by JWF. He is quickly putting himself on the Speedy Claxton/Charles Jenkins level. Just a phenomenal ballplayer. And that's 2 buzzer beaters now for Jalen Ray. The kid is fearless and seems to have the clutch gene. He plays good defense also, which we sorely need. I don't want to see Wormley on the court again.

I really don't understand how we win these games. Our opponents play tough perimeter defense against us.. We play no defense ever. The refs are seemingly always against us. And somehow we win games. Gotta give mostly all of the credit to Justin Wright Foreman. He's basically a one man show.
Dooku25

Post by Dooku25 »

cactus wrote:
HUSID74 wrote:
cactus wrote:they win these games on individual talent alone. joe doesn't even call plays during the time outs he just yells at the refs
they're the most talented team in the conference. i certainly give him credit for that
I give Joe credit for bringing in the talent and also they're a good bunch of guys. But after watching this program closely these past 5 years, it's clear he has some shortcomings in his in-game coaching as well as his overall philosophy and that philosophy still hasn't taken us to the promised land.

I'm rooting for him and I hope he proves me wrong by winning the conference this year. It's wide open and we have the best player in the league. No excuses. So shut some of us up and win the damn league!
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Wright-Foreman shot 12-19. He became the fifth player since 2010-2011 to have at least 2 games with at least 35 points, at least 5 rebounds, and at least 6 assists. He's the first player since 2010-2011 to do that in consecutive games. Along with Jenkins, Hofstra is one of four teams to have two players do that since 2010-2011.

Wormley, Ray, and Sabety combined to commit 12 fouls in 34 minutes.

Buie, who was averaging 1.1 rebounds, had 2 offensive rebounds. Towson didn't have anybody with more than 1 offensive rebound. Towson had an offensive rebound percentage of .154, which is less than half of the .341 they had going into the game.

We ended Towson's 14 game home winning streak.

Hofstra's RPI fell from 96th to 104th without playing and moved up to 80th tonight. We passed Towson and Elon for the second best RPI in the CAA. The CAA's Conference RPI went down so far tonight.
Last edited by EvanJ on Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.