Men's Hoops '17 Season Opener Pregame @ Green Turtle!

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Polito

Men's Hoops '17 Season Opener Pregame @ Green Turtle!

Post by Polito »

Ok all, we are organizing another tailgate to kick off this men's hoops season! If you are in, please let us know! No pressure here, if you can join us, fantastic the more the merrier! If you can't, we'll see ya inside.

Despite the wild wind last year, we had a great time. Can be even better this year!

Friday Nov. 10, setting up @4:30pm for a 7pm game start. Target location this time is the main lot directly across from the PFC/soccer stadium. Should be decent weather from what we can tell so far, 50's and clear.

We will be rocking, hopefully, the new Dutch Nation gear :D but of course any and all HU gear is perfect!

Things we need:

Tent - Stu
HU Flag - Stu / Andrew
Grills - Stu, Andrew
Adult Beverages - Cactus
Other Beverages - TBD
Food:
- Andrew (ribs, hot dogs/buns)
- Others TBD
Condiments - TBD
Paper Towels/Garbage Bags - TBD
Heater(s) - TBD
Table(s) - Andrew

What else?? If anyone can can jump in for some of these things, please say the word!
stuball888

Re: Men's Hoops '17 Season Opener Tailgate!

Post by stuball888 »

Will bring the tent table and chairs and grill. Charcoal and matches
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

Wish I could make it, but once again will be hosting a golf tournament in Florida....
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

I can't help with table, but can definitely bring some hot dogs and buns.
Polito wrote:Ok all, we are organizing another tailgate to kick off this men's hoops season! If you are in, please let us know! No pressure here, if you can join us, fantastic the more the merrier! If you can't, we'll see ya inside.

Despite the wild wind last year, we had a great time. Can be even better this year!

Friday Nov. 10, setting up @4:30pm for a 7pm game start. Target location this time is the main lot directly across from the PFC/soccer stadium. Should be decent weather from what we can tell so far, 50's and clear.

We will be rocking, hopefully, the new Dutch Nation gear :D but of course any and all HU gear is perfect!

Things we need:

Tent - Stu
HU Flag - Stu / Andrew
Grills - Stu, Andrew
Adult Beverages - Cactus
Other Beverages - TBD
Food:
- Andrew (ribs, hot dogs/buns)
- Others TBD
Condiments - TBD
Paper Towels/Garbage Bags - TBD
Heater(s) - TBD
Table(s) - Andrew

What else?? If anyone can can jump in for some of these things, please say the word!
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Polito pick out a spot for the tailgate in the lot. How about the lot next to the softball field third base side. Also what time should we all
Meet
Polito

Post by Polito »

I would much prefer the main lot across from the soccer stadium. By the softball fields is too far 'out of view'... let's see if we can drum up some passer-by interest, maybe even some student stop-ins...

Setting up @4:30pm!
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

For a 7pm game how about 5pm
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

I just realized when you were listing what to bring and put "Andrew", did you mean Polito since that is your first name?
Polito

Post by Polito »

lol yes, sorry about that!

But HP1 if you can bring the dogs and buns I can bring other stuff, so that would be a huge help! Please do so!

And I think we should be setup and GRILLING by 5, so Stu and I will get there by 4:30/4:45 - we really only do the tailgate for the home opener since the weather is usually decent enough, so let's not rush the fun - let's make it a great day!

If you are bringing things for this, please do your best to make the timing above as we will be counting on you and your offerings! Thanks again everyone, let's get this party started!
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Big problem. The weather forecast for Friday is a high of 38 and a low of 24. I’m a hardy soul but I’m not crazy. Think we should try to meet up at a local restaurant or bar the Savoy can give us a nice spread. For a very reasonable cost. It’s 10 minutes away from the arena. Any comments?
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

I like that idea Stu. No reason to make the tailgate experience uncomfortable. I suggest Green Turtle since is Hofstra-friendly and close to the arena.
Polito

Post by Polito »

lol and wouldn't you know it!! 37 degrees... just on Friday - unreal.

Ok, I agree that there's no need to literally freeze before the game, let's cancel the tailgate unfortunately. Who knows, with the whacky weather lately we may get better temps for the Nova game! We'll play it by ear for that one.

As far as Friday, I actually think we should do something right next to campus. I think we can and should continue to use the Savoy for various gatherings, away game viewing parties, etc., but for the home opener I am much more inclined to swing by The Green Turtle so we can pre-game properly starting @5, and be literally right down the block.

Does anyone have a connection there? Perhaps we can work out a deal for everyone who wears HU gear that day/night?

I'm happy to cold call, but if anyone has a hookup, do tell.
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

Sounds like a great plan Polito. I don't have contact there, but it seems like Green Turtle has good relationship with Hofstra and since 5 is on early side I'm sure they would be willing to work with us.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

I’m in Anyone else. Let get a head count so we can at least negotiate a good price for us.
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

I'm def in.
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH ALL THIS BEER
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Let’s have a keg great Cactus house for the next meeting actually it was 45 degrees at our last tailgate and that was brutal. At temps in the 30s no way can we stay out there for two hours
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

Agreed, unfortunately.
I'll be there. Probably will get a table and bring the kids for dinner.
stuball888

Re: Men's Hoops '17 Season Opener Pregame @ Green Turtle!

Post by stuball888 »

Ok so let’s get a head count. Whoever gets there fist info the hostess and she can direct us to your table. Figure at least 10 people
stuball888

Re: Men's Hoops '17 Season Opener Pregame @ Green Turtle!

Post by stuball888 »

bTW does anyone have an extra ticket