CBS Sports to air CAA semis/finals next year

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
cactus
Site Admin

CBS Sports to air CAA semis/finals next year

Post by cactus »

http://gohofstra.com/news/2017/7/11/men ... inals.aspx

maybe we can get to the weekend this year.

EDIT: tournament now runs Sat - Tues (Mar 3-6, 2018)
HofstraPride1

Re: CBS Sports to air CAA semis/finals next year

Post by HofstraPride1 »

Not happy since was hoping title game would return to ESPN or ESPN2.
The Shadow

Post by The Shadow »

This new Saturday to Tuesday schedule makes, except for the Charleston area, attendance extremely difficult. I have no information on how this may benefit HU financially or publicity wise, but in my opinion, visiting team attendance will be effected. This new schedule should allow for three prime time CAA games on CBS Sports. I am curious what other members of Flying Dutchmen Fans think about this change.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Agree completely, I think it absolutely stinks for any fan that's not within about a 3 hour driving distance, where you could go and come back in the same night.

I can pretty much guarantee I will not be there in the foreseeable future. The move to Charleston already makes things very difficult, but if it was at least a Thur-Sun it could be a really nice weekend trip (taking off a Fri is not so bad). These Fri-Mon or worse Sat-Tue deals are ridiculous.

I do get it, it's all about the TV deal, and I understand that is important for the conference - $ talks - just sucks for a lot of the fans. Hate to think that when HU makes it to the champ game, I likely won't be there - considering it's been about 2 decades since the last time HU cut nets, that sucks.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

The agreement to make the tournament be Saturday to Tuesday is for four years, of which the last two have not had their site determined (Charleston has 2017 to 2019). Therefore the 2020 and 2021 CAA Finals could be close to Hofstra (I'm not saying they will, but it's possible). I won't go to Charleston regardless of the days of the week, and I like having the Semifinals on national TV.

Some fans were debating about if some of the tournament should be hosted by the best seeds. I like having a neutral site.
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

That sucks.. This year was the first tourney I missed in years. I debated going still, but with our team the way it was, it just wasn't worth it. Now, I will most not be able to go for the next 4 years. Taking off 3 days of work as a teacher is brutal, and frowned upon..Kinda bummed..
Polito

Post by Polito »

FOUR YEAR AGREEMENT????

Who the hell is leading this crap for the conf? That is an absolutely ridiculous deal. Thur-Tues for 4 years... :shock: :? :roll: That is something a bottom of the barrel conf should have.

I tell ya, it's hard not to loathe this conf for HU.