2016-17 All-CAA Honors

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
Wags

2016-17 All-CAA Honors

Post by Wags »

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet, but Hofstra picked up these honors today:

http://caasports.com/news/2017/3/2/MBB_0302174721.aspx

JWF: 2nd-Team

Eli: Rookie Team

Both bigs, Rok & Hunter: Academic Team

CONGRATS all around!

Now go surprise in Charleston this weekend!
HUSID80

Re: 2016-17 All-CAA Honors

Post by HUSID80 »

Wags it's under CAA Champs...nevertheless congrats to all the Pride award winners...now for the MOST IMPORTANT PRIZE!
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

JWF should've been first team. He was the leading scorer in the conference, and by far one of the top 5 players in the conference slate.
Mike34

Post by Mike34 »

Congrats these four players. Truly shocked JWF isn't on first team.
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Hopefully Rok & Justin will play with a chip on their shoulders during the tournament this weekend....both players were definitely snubbed in my opinion.
Cards

Post by Cards »

HUSID80 wrote:Hopefully Rok & Justin will play with a chip on their shoulders during the tournament this weekend....both players were definitely snubbed in my opinion.
I agree
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

Congratulations to our four players on their honors. While I would have loved to see Rok receive something more, injuries held him back this year. Let's see him make a statement in the playoffs by leading Hofstra to the championship.
Polito

Post by Polito »

More fuel for the fire baby!!

Once again, the CAA will do anything it can to diminish HU - same old BS - these fellas just need to cowboy up now and PROVE them wrong. Step in and through this conference tourney like King Kong JWF!!

Although I do not think Rok should've been anywhere near an all-defensive team, would definitely liked to have seen him on an all-conf team, esp as a Jr.

Sure injuries were a factor, but his sub-par play was the bigger reason. From all indications he is READY TO GO, so let's do it big fella.

Time to show out this weekend!!!
Pride97

Post by Pride97 »

Do you think JWF was hurt from not being in the top 10 of any other stats other than shooting (pts, %). Meaning assists ,steals, etc.
Wags

Post by Wags »

Pride97 wrote:Do you think JWF was hurt from not being in the top 10 of any other stats other than shooting (pts, %). Meaning assists ,steals, etc.
That, and he didn't help his team win enough (Hofstra just an eight seed).

The First-Team has two guys from the top seed (UNCW), one from the two seed (Charleston), one from the four seed (W&M) and the POY.

That said, Jenkins did get POY one season on a Hofstra team that was a seven seed. But that was POY and he was dominant. My guess is if Jenkins wasn't quite POY caliber then, he'd likewise have fallen to the Second-Team like JWF did.

JWF can make up for that in Charleston. If helps his team win on Monday, he'd gladly take that over First-Team. Gonna take a herculean effort (on his part and his teammates), but it's possible given how close they've played all of the top seeds this year. Hopefully some defense that was lacking for most of the year traveled with them from Hempstead and will stick around for a while down south.
Polito

Post by Polito »

Yep, agreed Wags.

He didn't help the case on Friday, although he is a stud and future superstar in this league if he continues his path.

And hey, anyone care to make a case for Rokus on the All-D team now?

:?