Volleyball

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
ProudofPride

Volleyball

Post by ProudofPride »

What is up with the volleyball team? They can't play on the road if their lives depended on it. I know they're a good team and they're more than capable of beating any team in conference, especially since they had a perfect record at home, and having 2 different home courts. They even got a shout out about that from the official ncaa volleyball twitter, which was cool. However, they've won a dismal 1 conference game on the road, and that was against William and Mary, the worst team in the conference. They just got done losing to Delaware, a team they swept at home earlier in the season, and the chickens do not have a head coach, she was fired along with the head assistant a few weeks ago. I tried watching the game sinew I like to support all Hofstra sports, but it was too painful to continue, I had to turn it off after they got blown out in the 3rd set. In the 4th set, I saw on live stats they went up 6-1, but couldn't sustain that and gave up 6 straight points as the chicken took a 7-6 lead, they couldn't do much of anything besides commit errors from that point on, 30 total in the match and Hofstra ended the 4th final set commuting 6 consecutive errors.
I want them to do well, but I'm afraid it'll be an early exit from the CAA tournament if they don't figure it how to play on the road soon. At least at this point they're only playing for seeding in the tournament, since UNCW is hosting even though theor team might not even qualify for the tourney.