ALL HU FANS - MAJOR Announcement - PLEASE READ

Forum for all Hofstra sports discussion
stuball888

Re: ALL HU FANS - MAJOR Announcement - PLEASE READ

Post by stuball888 »

Just say you are there for the Dutch nation meeting. I should be at the front door. As of now we have Mike neely from Ticket sales. Also trying to secure a coach or two more this meeting.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

If there's going to be a meeting on Tuesday the time and location should be announced.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

At the Savoy tavern in Merrick on Merrick ave at 8pm
bobe13

Post by bobe13 »

stuball888 wrote:At the Savoy tavern in Merrick on Merrick ave at 8pm
Sunday evening? You have to be kidding Stu
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

february 28th tuesday night Its been posted several times
Polito

Post by Polito »

LOL goodness...

Actually, it IS Sunday for you bobe13. Most of us can't make it, but please let us know how it all goes. ;) :P :lol:

JK. I had to say something man because I'm cracking up here thinking about you just recently complaining about the distance to Merrick, and that it would prevent you from being at these meetings! Glad to see you asking about this one! :D

Are you able to make this Tuesday??

(P.S. Isn't basically the same distance to the arena for you? What could it really be, a 10 minute difference?)
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

stuball888 wrote:february 28th tuesday night Its been posted several times
MLAX home game on 2/28.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hofstra

Post by Hofstra »

Unfortunately I live over an hour away, and during the week is just very hard for me after school.. (teacher)

I know the poster on here Jordan has stated a few times in the "Ideas" thread about getting together for a game... Instead of making the meeting Tuesday night, which would interfere with a Mens Lax game, why not hold it Friday at 6? I understand people will have work, but I also understand that most are going to watch that game.. Why not stream it at the bar, and have the meeting while watching the game? If we win, I am sure drinks will be flowing after, and if we lose, nah, forget that, we won't lose..

If you got the school on board with a "viewing party" email, maybe that could really jump start the push Polito and Stuball have been making here. I try and support the school as much as possible, but sometimes its tough. Its great that you guys are pushing on the boards here, but maybe if Hofstra Athletics sends out an email or 2 with our groups name, website, or what have you, this event, and your movement can really take shape? Supporting not only our team, but local business in the area could really drum up some interest in sponsors next year, and who knows, might start our push for 68 this year.

Again, this is not my beast, and I wouldn't be able to make Tuesday night anyway, just a thought...

Roll Pride
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Lax game is WED I believe
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

Hofstra wrote:Unfortunately I live over an hour away, and during the week is just very hard for me after school.. (teacher)

I know the poster on here Jordan has stated a few times in the "Ideas" thread about getting together for a game... Instead of making the meeting Tuesday night, which would interfere with a Mens Lax game, why not hold it Friday at 6? I understand people will have work, but I also understand that most are going to watch that game.. Why not stream it at the bar, and have the meeting while watching the game? If we win, I am sure drinks will be flowing after, and if we lose, nah, forget that, we won't lose..

If you got the school on board with a "viewing party" email, maybe that could really jump start the push Polito and Stuball have been making here. I try and support the school as much as possible, but sometimes its tough. Its great that you guys are pushing on the boards here, but maybe if Hofstra Athletics sends out an email or 2 with our groups name, website, or what have you, this event, and your movement can really take shape? Supporting not only our team, but local business in the area could really drum up some interest in sponsors next year, and who knows, might start our push for 68 this year.

Again, this is not my beast, and I wouldn't be able to make Tuesday night anyway, just a thought...

Roll Pride

Not a bad idea to have the meeting Friday instead.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Men's lax game is Tuesday night but it's against NJIT. The game should be over by the first quarter. I think SBU scored about 22 goals against them
Polito

Post by Polito »

Totally hear ya Hofstra - the logistical challenges are real and respected. We will continue to try and help ease things for all.

I'm sure you all can imagine just how challenging it is to coordinate things like this and to try and accommodate the various parties involved. It's extremely difficult, and what we've realized is there is just no way to do something perfect for all - there will always be conflicts to face. So we do the best we can, and we appreciate any and all participation from this board.

I'm not sure we can adjust tomorrow's at this point as we do have commitments already from the location and the coaches. It takes significant leg work on Stu's part to setup both.

We are very open to all the great ideas flowing recently around here. But a couple of parameters to help guide:

With all due respect, one thing we are not going to do is move the location all over the tri-state to accommodate everyone's hometown. That is ridiculous, and quite the expectation of us considering this is a labor of love. Not happening. If any of YOU would like to take this kind of job upon yourselves and set some things up, then more power to you. We will be happy to help. But we are not adding another level of complexity to our free work. It's challenging enough as it is! (see above!)

The Merrick spot is literally 10 minutes from campus. HU isn't moving the arena or their games to be closer to any of us, so I think a location relatively close to campus is quite fair. And just to be clear here, *I* am 45 minutes one-way from Merrick. And I do that AFTER commuting home from the city. Not easy, nor fun, nor convenient. But worth it to me a few times a year for what I enjoy doing with this movement 8-) I would be ecstatic to host this in East Northport or Commack, just say the word! :D

Now hopefully one day we get big enough that we have that ability and need and resources to hold multiple gatherings across the region - that would be FANTASTIC - that time is just not right now. But trust me, that would be an incredible future for this!

However, adjusting days and times is certainly up for discussion IMO - I could also go for a Friday evening - doesn't hurt to try sometime. We of course need to check with the HU staffs and admins to see how that timing might work for them. One of the great parts about these meetings is the personal involvement of those folks, as they provide us time and insight most do not get.

Again, there are also jobs, businesses, spouses and families to consider, so not sure there is a "perfect" time - we will likely always face some challenges. But please do keep the ideas coming, and hopefully everyone understands what we are working around, and working to accomplish!

ROLLPRIDE
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Just so you know most of Hofstras coaches live in nassau county. Both soccer coaches will be there tomorrow night. Also Emily mansur hopes to be there at 9 after a recruiting trip and she lives in Island Park. I have made numerous trips to campus to meet with the coaches and administration to set these meetings up. It is time consuming. Again if someone can come up with another location and still get these speakers to come out gods speed to you.
EvanJ

Post by EvanJ »

Polito wrote: I would be ecstatic to host this in East Northport or Commack, just say the word! :D
My grandma lives in Commack. Where do you like to eat? Have you ever been to Taormina? http://www.taorminacommack.com
HofstraPride1

Post by HofstraPride1 »

Jojogunne wrote:
stuball888 wrote:february 28th tuesday night Its been posted several times
MLAX home game on 2/28.

Since it's NJIT and should be a blowout don't see any issue with meeting that night, although would be best to try and avoid game conflicts going forward, especially for the lacrosse game against Stony Brook on Tuesday March 21. I'm excited for tomorrow's meeting and hope many on here can attend.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

We will try to live stream it so we can watch and give updates. There was also suppossed to be a former coach but because of a death in the family this ex coach will not be able to attend. So as of now we will have three coaches there.
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

Polito wrote: I would be ecstatic to host this in East Northport or Commack, just say the word! :D
You have it at sand city and I'll cook and bring the food myself.
bobe13

Post by bobe13 »

EvanJ wrote:
My grandma lives in Commack. Where do you like to eat? Have you ever been to Taormina? http://www.taorminacommack.com
All for East Northport/Commack area
HUSID80

Post by HUSID80 »

Sorry I can't make it to night...attending wake for a good friend's mother who passed away...keep me posted on any interesting developments.
stuball888

Post by stuball888 »

Ok John. We will make a toast to all those not there