HUSID80

Re: MBB Recruits 2018

Post by HUSID80 »

Diallo also has a torn Achilles tendon
Cards

Post by Cards »

HUSID80 wrote:Diallo also has a torn Achilles tendon
Been there. Kid will have to be dedicated to his recovery program. good luck to him
ProudofPride

Post by ProudofPride »

ProudofPride wrote:In the final 11 for Jared Rhoden, lots of high majors in his list, nice group to be considered along with.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ASlater247/s ... 7102907392

Following up on this, looks like home visits are set, with us being the final school to visit, on 9/20. Now he has to get on board with a campus visit. https://twitter.com/ASlater247/status/9 ... 6145912832
Polito

Post by Polito »

Love it, thanks for the info - like being last, hopefully the on campus is the same scheduling

Solid programs after him, esp SLU Dayton SHU and VCU - strong for HU to be in this mix, I like this player a lot - feels like HU has been recruiting him for a loooong time - would be a super get.
Wags

Post by Wags »

Cards wrote:Even if the chances of landing a kid like this are low, we have to develop a relationship with him and let him know that he is on our radar. We absolutely have to go after local talent if high level and the right fit.

Agree Wags, given his age and the fact that he is likely still growing and developing coordination to go with his frame. he looks great in this clip.
Well, not sure if Hofstra ever reached out to him, but Isaiah Mucius' dad just sent this to me. He's headed to Wake Forest:
http://scout.com/college/basketball/rec ... -107638969
garyg

Post by garyg »

Hey Captain...does your source have any inside scoops for this recruiting class ???
Jojogunne

Post by Jojogunne »

According to Verbal Commits, we have extended offers to 34 prospects. Who would you like us to sign?

http://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/hofstra
Cards

Post by Cards »

Jojogunne wrote:According to Verbal Commits, we have extended offers to 34 prospects. Who would you like us to sign?

http://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/hofstra
First priority - Lukas Kisunas C/PF 6'9" 240 lbs. Will be tough to sign as he has some big D1 schools interested, but this is the type of guy we need. Rokus should be helping JM land this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40DBx5fMbnw
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

I know Jared Rhoden is a huge priority...would like to see Lukas in as well...maybe that Lithuanian connection will click!
garyg

Post by garyg »

We were supposed to have an in-home visit with Rhoden yesterday....wonder how that went ??
Polito

Post by Polito »

I haven't had a chance yet to really deep-dive most of these offers, but from what I understand so far:

1) Center - If it's Kisunas fantastic, but he has some big time offers - whoever it is, a 5 is priority #1
2) Jared Rhoden - kid is a stud, local talent, and HU has been recruiting him for quite some time - lot of effort in here, key target
3) Donatas Kupsas - see above word for word :)
4) POINT GUARD - like, a real one

HU is in on a couple of top PG's out of the DC area (summer article):
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/rec ... a6e82cfcfb

FYI, Kiyon Boyd also out of DC, who HU was I believe the first to offer, became a superstar in the DC area, 4 star wing with big time P5 offers - his play leveled off a bit, but still a big talent - unfortunately he just tore his ACL... pretty sure I remember him mentioning in an article/interview somewhere that HU was the first to believe in him and offer, I think soph yr - he and Antwan Walker (another HU recruit you prob remember) have been great friends and teammates, so that's kind of how that all started

Just a side note - I would imagine he goes to prep to make his bounce back return - might be good for HU to stay involved in his life and supportive of his recovery - never know...
Cards

Post by Cards »

Jared Rhoden has trimmed his list and removed HU from consideration. Too bad!
Cards

Post by Cards »

Cards wrote:Jared Rhoden has trimmed his list and removed HU from consideration. Too bad!
I took a quick look at verbal commits. Right now we have 30 outstanding offers. Of those 30, only 5 are for anyone listed as higher than a 2 star recruit.

Now before you start bashing me, I know that those ratings are suspect - as guys like JWF and many of the top level (even MVPs) CAA players were rated as 2 star recruit. And I know that there are plenty of 2 star guys that we go after that I am very pleased to have play for us (I'm a believer that MRadovik will be one of those great recruits). I note also that some of the higher ranked guys end up being a bust.

I'm simply making an observation. I'm not being critical. I guess its simply a matter of HU having to start dancing (regularly) before the start routinely getting the higher ranked players.
garyg

Post by garyg »

Cards wrote:Jared Rhoden has trimmed his list and removed HU from consideration. Too bad!
My bet is he picks Seton Hall...
Polito

Post by Polito »

That REALLY sucks... :x

Thought HU had a good shot here. Not too thrilled with the early elimination. Alas, there are others on the board (or off at the present) that can fill that need just as well.

On a lighter note, I know they are working hard after a key big this week, I just don't know who.
garyg

Post by garyg »

Polito wrote:That REALLY sucks... :x

Thought HU had a good shot here. Not too thrilled with the early elimination. Alas, there are others on the board (or off at the present) that can fill that need just as well.

On a lighter note, I know they are working hard after a key big this week, I just don't know who.
HUSID74 or Captain may know who LOL...??
cactus
Site Admin

Post by cactus »

not necessarily a knock on hofstra. they have 6 guards for next year (18-19) already, and only one of them is really a point guard. guys like this will want to play right away.
daHUPride

Post by daHUPride »

garyg wrote:
My bet is he picks Seton Hall...
Never thought he'd come here, he always said he had bigger school in mind - my guess he will go to, up and coming, Penn State.
Polito

Post by Polito »

LOL PSU?

I'm sorry, but that is not big time hoops. That is a great place to go for your potential star basketball career to die. If he goes there, I would lose a lot of respect. MUCH better options, including little ol HU.

These kids that go to football schools just because it's a bigger name crack me up, esp the ones way out west - usually 1-2 years later they are on the transfer block.

Stop getting sold a bag of crap recruits by either these staffs or your 'handlers', PAY ATTENTION !!!

Thank goodness this scandal finally broke - hopefully wakes recruits up to stop feeding into the nonsense - save yourself the headache, STAY CLEAN with a CLEAN program, SHINE at a level you are just a bit ahead of, and you will be just fine attaining the next level.
HUSID74

Post by HUSID74 »

This scandal/investigation is not done by any means...expect more BIG NAME coaches to be implicated...hopefully Polito, kids will wake up or at least be scared about going to schools that offer money and other illegal inducements and the playing field will be evened out